cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I request a CLI with Discover?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

When should I request a CLI with Discover?

Tomorrow will be 90 days with Discover.  When should I request an CLI?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: When should I request a CLI with Discover?

Tomorrow

Message 2 of 8
asulaw
Established Member

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Tomorrow

+1

Wells Fargo Student - $2,300 / Discover It - $2,000 / Chase Slate - $1,500 / Marriott Premier Rewards - $5,000 / Citi ThankYou Preferred - $2,000 / AMEX TrueEarnings - $1,200 / Target RedCard - $300

Total CL: $14,300
Util: 28%
Message 3 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Whenever the phone or luv button allows you to. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

If they don't pull credit, the sooner the better. Though in my experience it takes a bit longer than that unless you have a very low limit and have made a lot of buying through your card. 

First time I requested a CLI from Discover was after almost 1 year, and I got nothing. When the following statement closed which also marked the anniversary, I got a $250 raise. A couple of statements later, another $250 raise. Several months later, I made tons of purchases on the card for 2 months due to a special promotion and bonus category. At this point, I requested another CLI and got a 3x. Discover can be generous, especially after the first anniversary.

Message 5 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I had tried 3 times within last 8 months. No luck...Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Sorry DigitalArk, I guess I will just have to wait and see!

Thanks everyone, couldn't remember if it was 90 days +1 or not

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 7 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Don't feel bad it took me 14 months to get an SP CLI

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.