Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I see an increase?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

When should I see an increase?

I was approved for my first card late September, then approved for my CapOne Journeys early December. Aside from this month, where I didn't use my card as responsibly as I had been before, I've PIF each month, and my balance on one card is well above 30% right now, though I still have 3 weeks until the statement cuts, which it will be below 30%. My question is, if I keep this up (PIF and util below 30%) is it possible to estimate when I should see an increase in my scores? Also, being as though my limits are what they are, lol, will there be a greater effect on my scores by keeping util below 30%.?

And I really want to try with my bank (PNC) to see if I get approved for a CC, but I don't know how bad 3 HPs would look being as though they would all be in the matter of 5 months.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: When should I see an increase?

PNC is pretty particular, but every so often you can have a rep check to see if you are pre-approved. This will still be a HP, but the only reason I've seen a decline on a pre approval is because of DTI being VERY extreme. So if you dont have excessive DTI have the check you sometime and wait for that to show up if you want to increase your chances.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.