Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to ask for CLI on AR

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: When to ask for CLI on AR

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I’ve gotten a couple of calls recently from US Bank back office about my AR use. They want big spenders but they don’t want big spenders that primarily do 3X and nothing else.

A little O/T, but can you give more details?    Was it the total spend (+ everything 3x)?   And what did you say to reassure them!

Message 61 of 121
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I’ve gotten a couple of calls recently from US Bank back office about my AR use. They want big spenders but they don’t want big spenders that primarily do 3X and nothing else.

A little O/T, but can you give more details?    Was it the total spend (+ everything 3x)?   And what did you say to reassure them!

But ...but....this is about me! 

Just kiddin, I am totally curious myself 

Message 62 of 121
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

If I dont wait, I'd probably be starting "When to ask after denial" thread 

Image result for larry the cable guy that's funny right there gif

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 63 of 121
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

But ...but....this is about me! 

Just kiddin, I am totally curious myself 

I'm curious as to how else you're supposed to use the card if not for the 3x (4.5%) earnings? There are easier cards to get with the same 3X

Message 64 of 121
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The worst I see them doing is saying no and then it's a burned HP. 

So why not wait a few months?  Sure it's inconvenient but she has PAUSE.....when in doubt; don't.  That's all I can say...Time, time, time is on your side.  You have the Awesome Card; you recon'd already and won, why press you're luck?  It's just a few more months, maybe even longer but....you have PAUSE and usually that's a pretty, good sign to just chillllllllllax for a wee bit.

Some of it because of multiple payments 

My bigger concern is recycling limit on uncapped card in the highest category. 

Recycling is only really an issue when your income does not support your spend and flags itself for possible MS. That should not be a concern as long as you don't dabble in gift cards for instance.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. I know a lot of people have gotten shut down by chase and Amex for cycling their limits. Some of them do MS, but others were pumping business expenses through the cards. They have the income to support it. 

Cycling is something that's not a big deal every now and then. But doing it on a consistent basis with certain banks is a big no no. 

Why is that? I cycle my amex for 3 times it's limit every month for almost a year. They won't give me a limit I can use organically, so this is what they get. 

Message 65 of 121
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

If I dont wait, I'd probably be starting "When to ask after denial" thread 

Image result for larry the cable guy that's funny right there gif

who_I-am.gif

Message 66 of 121
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So why not wait a few months?  Sure it's inconvenient but she has PAUSE.....when in doubt; don't.  That's all I can say...Time, time, time is on your side.  You have the Awesome Card; you recon'd already and won, why press you're luck?  It's just a few more months, maybe even longer but....you have PAUSE and usually that's a pretty, good sign to just chillllllllllax for a wee bit.

Recycling is only really an issue when your income does not support your spend and flags itself for possible MS. That should not be a concern as long as you don't dabble in gift cards for instance.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. I know a lot of people have gotten shut down by chase and Amex for cycling their limits. Some of them do MS, but others were pumping business expenses through the cards. They have the income to support it. 

Cycling is something that's not a big deal every now and then. But doing it on a consistent basis with certain banks is a big no no. 

Why is that? I cycle my amex for 3 times it's limit every month for almost a year. They won't give me a limit I can use organically, so this is what they get. 

That example he gave is an extreme case. There's a reason there are charge/corporate cards that allow that type of spending; MS needs no explaination.

Message 67 of 121
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Image result for john malkovichSmiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 68 of 121
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I got a question that hasn't been brought up, how long after a CLI, or denial, do you have to wait before asking again?

Message 69 of 121
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That example he gave is an extreme case. There's a reason there are charge/corporate cards that allow that type of spending; MS needs no explaination.

I'm sure it was an extreme case and he did touch on MS, but he generalized the statement in a way that it would appear they don't like it at all.

Message 70 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.