Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will a CC report to my C.R

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will a CC report to my C.R

i had 2 cards i havent used in 6 months.  in those months i have doubled my credit limit with each card.  so of course i want them to be updated.  so i made 2 small purchases with them and now both statements have dropped showing a balance.  my question is  once the statements has dropped is it safe to assume that they will be reported to my credit report.  i would like to pay them off already but i want to make sure they are reported.  thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: When will a CC report to my C.R

Almost all credit card companies report the statement balance a day or two after the statement hits. There are some exceptions. US Bank is the most notable; it reports around the last or first of the month (not sure which). And Chase will report an extra time if you pay to zero mid-cycle.

You woudn't have needed to wait for a statement, though. The acts of making a purchase and making a payment would be enough to cause the report to be updated. Go ahead and pay. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most CCCs report every month whether there is a balance or not (I have a card that I used rarely until a 2% back offer and found out it reported for the year or two I never used the card). Usually they either report a couple days after the statement. In some cases, they report on the last or first day of the month.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You! . should have mentioned it was my Vic Secret and Eddie Bauer credit cards. both comenity.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.