cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my new credit card show on my reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will my new credit card show on my reports?

I just received my new credit card today. When will it start to show on my reports? Anxiously waiting!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When will my new credit card show on my reports?

Tell us the card/lender and maybe someone can chime in with a bit more details.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver One 

Message 3 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

For CapOne typically takes 2 months to start reporting new accounts. Though I did get my Venture to report once the first statement reported.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 months sounds about right.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many cards report after the statement is cut, and since the 1st payment isn't due until before the 2nd statement cuts, it may not report until then.  Depends on the issuer though.

So, for example, if the account is opened 3/14, the first statement cuts 4/14 and the first payment is due around 5/10 and the next statement cuts 5/14, it should report after the 5/14 statement cut.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS reported after 1st statement cut.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My new Cap 1 QS Visa Signature took about 2 months to report after it was approved and activated. I thought it was because I hadn't started using the card until late January (after the first statement cut), but it seems this is pretty usual with them, even though my Platinum (now QS) MC reported within a month of being activated. Most of my other cards have reported in anywhere from a week to a month after approval/activation.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i applied for barclaycard apple rewards on saturday got approved and on monday it was already added to all my credit reports i dont even have the card yet i thought that was a little too fast lol

Message 9 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

It really depends on the issuer. Most will report after the first statement. Amex and Cap1 are known for taking two statements to report. Barclays reports as soon as you’re approved.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.