Did you mean: 

Where I stand...suggestions?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

@ssmith891 wrote:

They counter offered $8,800. Still not bad I suppose Smiley LOL

So what about my Chevron and Texans CU Visa now?

That's great!    Ask for CLIs on those too!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 24
ssmith891
New Contributor

$3,000 on my Texans Visa now!!!

Onto Chevron!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ssmith891 wrote:

$3,000 on my Texans Visa now!!!

Onto Chevron!! Smiley Very Happy

Whoo hoo!   nice limit to have on a CU Visa Smiley Happy    They typically have great rates and low / no BT fees Smiley Happy

FICO 9:

Message 13 of 24
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 14 of 24
ssmith891
New Contributor

My question is though, since I don't really want to use my Chevron card because of BCE, and I never use my NTB card (I opened it to pay off my tires over time interest free) should I keep these open or SD them? Is a CLI even worth it for them?

Message 15 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If you ask for a CLI it should be only a SP...

If you don't really want to use them that's fine Smiley Happy just sock drawer them.

For what its worth I only use my store cards a few times per year
FICO 9:

Message 16 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

My question is though, since I don't really want to use my Chevron card because of BCE, and I never use my NTB card (I opened it to pay off my tires over time interest free) should I keep these open or SD them? Is a CLI even worth it for them?

For Chevron I would go ahead and take the CLI just because it's going to be a SP and the higher the limit goes the higher chance of getting the visa is (I say in my mind as I type so I too believe it Smiley Tongue)

Anyway, I would call and ask the csr if you can get an increase to $2000... the computer will spit back an answer, if it gives $2k maybe you want to go to underwriting and ask for more, or maybe ask for more than if it counters $500... or else just don't.... but if you don't use for more than a year (maybe shorter) they will decrease the CL to $124.... you can get it back but really if you won't EVER use again, Id probably take the increase, then let it sit for a month or two and get that new limit reporting and then close! haha

at least then in future when you go for CLI or new cards, they won't see anything that low on your reports in long time. (again, not sure it matters completely!)

Message 17 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ssmith891 wrote:

For Chevron I would go ahead and take the CLI just because it's going to be a SP and the higher the limit goes the higher chance of getting the visa is (I say in my mind as I type so I too believe it Smiley Tongue)

Anyway, I would call and ask the csr if you can get an increase to $2000... the computer will spit back an answer, if it gives $2k maybe you want to go to underwriting and ask for more, or maybe ask for more than if it counters $500... or else just don't.... but if you don't use for more than a year (maybe shorter) they will decrease the CL to $124.... you can get it back but really if you won't EVER use again, Id probably take the increase, then let it sit for a month or two and get that new limit reporting and then close! haha

at least then in future when you go for CLI or new cards, they won't see anything that low on your reports in long time. (again, not sure it matters completely!)

For some reason I love the idea of getting a CLI and then closing the account. Lol!
FICO 9:

Message 18 of 24
ssmith891
New Contributor

I totally forgot about the Visa...do you think it would be possible to ask for a CLI and an upgrade for the Visa? Pushing it much? Smiley Surprised Or is it even worth it. The benefits really don't outweigh BCE.

Message 19 of 24
ssmith891
New Contributor

I just don't want another HP after applying for 3 cards so quickly after another.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.