Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my AMEX perks!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where are my AMEX perks!?!

@digitek wrote:

Don't sweat it man, this isn't isn't bad question once you clarified it a bit, was definitely a little confusing in your first post.

There will be no indication in the account or anything like a progress bar. The easiest way I have found to check on it is to login and open a chat and ask them if you have one and where you are at on it. Person in chat will be able to tell you specific details and it won't take long. Amex chat is one of the lenders best features IMO I use it a lot.

Nice card and SUB, enjoy!

Thanks, I have found their chat to be great and they're the ones who had me call in. They may have misunderstood what I was trying to say as well. I'll message them tomorrow and word my question to them better. 👍

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@203bravo wrote:

To receive offers such as statement credits you would need to enroll in that offer - when logged in your AMEX account click on "Amex offers & benefits."  This will show you all the offers that your account is currently eligible for. Once enrolled you simply need to make any qualifing purchase to recieve the credit.

For the 2021 monthly dining credit - unless they altered the program at some point you would have to have been a card member prior to 1/21 to be eligible. If this was changed I trust someone will correct me.

For your sky club passes -

Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes

Upon account opening and each year upon account renewal, a Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic Card Member will be issued two one-time guest passes for complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club. The one-time guest passes will be available to view in the Card Member's Wallet in the Fly Delta app and in My Profile on delta.com under Certificates, eCredits, and Vouchers. Please allow up to 72 hours for deposit. On rare occasions (for example, when the name on your SkyMiles account doesn't match the name on your Amex account), the timing of the deposit could be delayed.

They gave me a new skymiles account number and I had them combine the accounts. I'm still waiting for my previous miles to transfer to my new account. Perhaps that is slowing the process down. 

Again, thanks again for all the help everyone!

Message 12 of 17
DONZI
Established Contributor

@digitek wrote:

There will be no indication in the account or anything like a progress bar.

Interesting...  there was a progress bar + dollars spent/remaining info panel in place of the congrats message before I met the spend.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 03-06-53 American Express - Dashboard.png

..I can't recall if there was something similar for the BCE SUB back around Dec/Jan.

I guess it's because the delta card isn't an amex core card?

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with them on Monday before I left for a wedding in Miami and they confirmed that I am earning towards my sub and that it IS for the 125,000 miles/10,000 MQM. 

What a relief. A progress bar would be nice in the cobranded cards. 

Message 14 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  there is progress bar on the web interface.

It's on Home tab, right below recent transactions. 

Message 15 of 17
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  there is progress bar on the web interface.

It's on Home tab, right below recent transactions. 

Is that new?  I've done lots of Amex SUBs and I've never seen anything like that.

Every SUB I've ever gotten from Amex or anyone else was pretty much flying blind.  No indication of any kind of progress or that I was even getting a bonus.  It just showed up when I hit the spend requirement.

Message 16 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I don't know about other cards but it's there on Delta Reserve. 

It's not tracking SUB per se, but it tracks the spend towards status boost.

Since OPs card is new, it can be used for the same purpose 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.