Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my "OVER 5/24" Peeps who want a CHASE Card? 🤣

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where are my "OVER 5/24" Peeps who want a CHASE Card? 🤣

I am interested in the Freedom but its not going to kill me not to have it.

I am not sure I would want to replace my Amazon Store Card with the Chase Amazon. Where my Amazon Store Card will likely be $10K before the year is out, Chase would probably give me $2-4K.

Message 21 of 36
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

I thought I would want a CSP/FU/Freedom trifecta.

And then AMEX took me back.

So I am likely to spend a couple of years at least in their ecosystem, since I have a fairly easy Green->Gold->Platinum path I can take if I want. I have a nice set of no AF cashback cards.

I am going to probably try and use a 5/24 slot or two next year for Hyatt and/or Southwest, but my urge to fight through 5/24 restrictions isn't huge, and there's stuff I am willing to use on the Amex side as well (Hilton, maybe Delta).

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 22 of 36
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I'm currently at 6/24, in May I'll be 5/24, and then I'll be Chase eligible by end of August. I fully intend to garden until August to get my youngest card to a year old, so it'd be the perfect opportunity to apply for a Chase card (although I think I'll garden a little longer to let some inquiries fall off). In the meantime, I've been dreaming of what card(s) I'd be interested in and lately I've been looking at CSP. I was also really interested in the United Explorer or Amazon, but I think the CSP is a better fit and I could always get the Amazon store card. Freedom could also be a good card.

Also, I may have recently signed up for Chase Credit Journey to possibly get preapprovals. If I got one, I think I'd totally break my garden goal (sorry not sorry) 😆🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 23 of 36
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Applied for the United Explorer thinking I was 5/24 with an AU account as something I thought I could get around with recon and either the AMEX personal loan or business card I opened in October was counted against me so I gave up. Probably gonna snag the Delta card before they pull the increased SUB and bail on new Chase cards for the foreseeable future.

Message 24 of 36
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

I'm way over 5/24 and was approved for the Freedom card in October and Chase Ink Cash in Dec.  Used some links that were sent to me. Hoping I won't be shut down by Chase, and haven't used them much. I want the Prefeered but I'll wait another 18 months.  

Business Cards
Message 25 of 36
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

I'm way over 5/24 and was approved for the Freedom card in October and Chase Ink Cash in Dec.  Used some links that were sent to me. Hoping I won't be shut down by Chase, and haven't used them much. I want the Prefeered but I'll wait another 18 months.  

At least they send you links :-) I wish they'd send me a card offer instead of Private Client offers all the time :-)

Potential Future Cards
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I would rather be a Chase private client lol 

Message 27 of 36
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

The thing is for me, without a CSP/CSR/CIP to make UR transfers live, the Chase cards turn into "meh" cashback options compared to stuff I can get without a 5/24 hobble. I have a DiscoverIt Cashback that's in effect 2/10. I have a Fidelity Rewards VISA at 2. I have no international fee Capital One options (Venture and QS)- which is a big deal when you have non-zero numbers of international transactions that Chase charges 3% on if you're not using a Sapphire.

I suppose the good news is that I fly Southwest enough and stay at Hyatt enough that I would keep those cards forever (maybe even an AF Southwest card), even if they're sock drawered for most of my spend, but I would like to surf some SUBs the next few years (hit that sweet spot between "we want your business" and "no, we don't want your business"). Chase's ecosystem makes that tough.

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 28 of 36
newfossil
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure I would want to replace my Amazon Store Card with the Chase Amazon. Where my Amazon Store Card will likely be $10K before the year is out, Chase would probably give me $2-4K.

Does the store card generally give you a better amount then chase? If so why would anyone want the chase?

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 29 of 36
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@newfossil wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the store card generally give you a better amount then chase? If so why would anyone want the chase?

If it's strictly for Amazon, then the store card makes sense. Plus Synchrony is known for giving higher credit lines vs Chase.

But the Visa option gives you 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market with eligible Prime membership, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases. There's apparently also a 3% version that doesn't require a Prime membership (in addition to the other discounts).

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.