cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I verify Bonus points from Amex offers are credited?

tag
Budoka
New Contributor

Where can I verify Bonus points from Amex offers are credited?

I suspect that there have been occasions that I haven't been credited bonus points on offers I've accepted. For offers that give you cash discounts there is a dedicated page where you can see your "savings" but for points nothing that I can find. In addition, I can't find where I can see which offers I have previously enrolled in once the offer has expired. I've looked carefully at the MR page as well and just don't see that info anywhere. Any ideas? I am trying to avoid calling CSR because they have given me blatantly incorrect information on so many occasions regarding my account that I am done with them.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Where can I verify Bonus points from Amex offers are credited?

https://global.americanexpress.com/rewards/summary

There is no online display of offers you have previously enrolled in but have now expired, unless they were credited.  If statement credit, they're on the Savings tab.  If points, they're in the Rewards Summary linked above and shown below.  Amex Offers resulting in points are credited immediately after the charge is settled.

amex_mr_bonus.png

Message 2 of 13
Budoka
New Contributor

Thank you. Much appreciated. I was checking there but was distracted by the blue bonus points tags on other transactions. LOL. I was mistakenly expecting the same kind of indicator.

So it will always be a separate line item from the transaction itself? 

As best I can tell this confirms that I haven't been getting some points for offers I'd enrolled in.

Before I contact CS is there someplace I can check my previous enrolled offers after they've expired and are taken off the Benefits and Offers page? On some offers, I receive a confirmation email on offers I've enrolled in but it is not consistent and I usually don't keep them.

Message 3 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Budoka wrote:

Thank you. Much appreciated. I was checking there but was distracted by the blue bonus points tags on other transactions. LOL. I was mistakenly expecting the same kind of indicator.

Yes.

As best I can tell this confirms that I haven't been getting some points for offers I'd enrolled in.

Before I contact CS is there someplace I can check my previous enrolled offers after they've expired and are taken off the Benefits and Offers page?

As I said above, "There is no online display of offers you have previously enrolled in but have now expired, unless they were credited."

On some offers, I receive a confirmation email on offers I've enrolled in but it is not consistent and I usually don't keep them.

Email notifications are only sent after it detects that you have redeemed the offer (the email subject is" Great news! You just used your Amex Offer"), never when you simply enroll in them.  They do specifically state that it's only if the requirements of the offer are met.

Do you remember a specific offer that you feel you were not credited for?  Many of the offers will have specific criteria for meeting an offer, like Dell Business won't be credited if you go through the regular dell.com website, Best Buy might be online only and won't apply to in-store, etc.  They are also card-specific, so even though your spouse may be an AU on the account, their card ending in 1002 didn't have the Shari's Berries offer attached, only the primary card ending in 1001, so the $100 spent on card ending in 1002 will not trigger the credit.

Message 4 of 13
Budoka
New Contributor

Thanks again. My apologies for missing the first reply regarding previous offers. It's been one of those mornings. It's been a while since I've been on this forum but it has never let me down. Thanks.

Message 5 of 13
Budoka
New Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Budoka wrote:

Yes.

Before I contact CS is there someplace I can check my previous enrolled offers after they've expired and are taken off the Benefits and Offers page?

As I said above, "There is no online display of offers you have previously enrolled in but have now expired, unless they were credited."

On some offers, I receive a confirmation email on offers I've enrolled in but it is not consistent and I usually don't keep them.

Email notifications are only sent after it detects that you have redeemed the offer (the email subject is" Great news! You just used your Amex Offer"), never when you simply enroll in them.  They do specifically state that it's only if the requirements of the offer are met.

Do you remember a specific offer that you feel you were not credited for?  Many of the offers will have specific criteria for meeting an offer, like Dell Business won't be credited if you go through the regular dell.com website, Best Buy might be online only and won't apply to in-store, etc.  They are also card-specific, so even though your spouse may be an AU on the account, their card ending in 1002 didn't have the Shari's Berries offer attached, only the primary card ending in 1001, so the $100 spent on card ending in 1002 will not trigger the credit.

It was a Best Western bonus points offer for stays over a certain dollar amount. It usually comes up every year and I always make sure I enroll before booking. 2019 none of my stays were credited but previous years they were. It is annoying and I hate leaving points on the table but might not be worth the aggravation of a CS call.  Maybe I'll address it if/when I have to contact them anyway regarding something else.

Message 6 of 13
Budoka
New Contributor

The only thing I can think of, aside from a mistake, is that the terms changed last year to not include international properties. Which would not be great for me because I travel extensively internationally for work.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Budoka wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Budoka wrote:

Yes.

It was a Best Western bonus points offer for stays over a certain dollar amount. It usually comes up every year and I always make sure I enroll before booking. 2019 none of my stays were credited but previous years they were. It is annoying and I hate leaving points on the table but might not be worth the aggravation of a CS call.  Maybe I'll address it if/when I have to contact them anyway regarding something else.

It's possible that the Best Western might have to be a specific type of BW. I saw that one and looked closely. 

For instance, my BoA has a BW deal:

Earn 10% cash back on your stay, when you spend $100 or more at any Best Western, Best Western Plus or Best Western Premier hotel, with a $29.00 cash back maximum!

It says any BW, so that would not be an issue here. But if your Amex offer said "Best Western Plus or Best Western Premier hotel" and you did not book Plus or Premier, then it would not apply. Or if you did not meet the minimum spend.

There are Hilton Hotel Amex offers, but if you look closely at one of them, its for Hiltons in the UK.

I've never had a problem getting credited for Amex offers, but I make sure I meet the terms.

Message 8 of 13
Budoka
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Budoka wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Budoka wrote:

Yes.

It's possible that the Best Western might have to be a specific type of BW. I saw that one and looked closely. 

For instance, my BoA has a BW deal:

Earn 10% cash back on your stay, when you spend $100 or more at any Best Western, Best Western Plus or Best Western Premier hotel, with a $29.00 cash back maximum!

It says any BW, so that would not be an issue here. But if your Amex offer said "Best Western Plus or Best Western Premier hotel" and you did not book Plus or Premier, then it would not apply. Or if you did not meet the minimum spend.

There are Hilton Hotel Amex offers, but if you look closely at one of them, its for Hiltons in the UK.

I've never had a problem getting credited for Amex offers, but I make sure I meet the terms.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm beginning to think maybe the terms had changed and I didn't notice. It was a Best Western Plus and I did meet the spend threshold. It was also an offer I'm have used successfully the past couple of years and at the same hotel. Before I book there I always check to see if that offer is available. But of course I can't go back and look at what the T&C were. Live and learn.  In the future I'll take screenshots of the offers I enroll in.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get notices/emails everytime my purchase meets a spend and get offer. Granted it isn't descriptive of exact particulars of the offer, but since I know which ones I sign up for it's pretty easy to know. Especially when I know that I'm spending Monay at that specific place, because of said offer.

I don't often micromanage my point earnings. But if you look back at the date of said purchase, it should list what the bonus was for like KiB posted. "Best Buy", "Hilton" etc.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.