Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you see the value of Chase FU if you have the Discover IT

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where do you see the value of Chase FU if you have the Discover IT

Have you checked for pre-approved offer? Sometimes it wont show until it's after 6 months from your last Chase app. 

Sometimes new account with Chase will help - like if you only have checking account with them but open a saving account will help - this is from my personal DP. I had like more than 10 accounts in 2 years and pre-approved for CSR as my 7th or 8th chase card 1 month after opening saving account and 6 months after last opened Chase card.

You could certainly close your FU and move credit to Amazon card. However, most people like to keep Chase main branded cards - CSR, CSP, FU, freedom. 

I would still recommend you product change FU to freedom as it's also no annual fee. In case if you get CSP or CSR later, freedom will help greatly. 

In addition, you can find Amazon gift cards like everywhere... You can always use chase freedom to buy Amazon gift card later loaded to Amazon at at least 5% cash back earned from freedom on some months. Very useful and valuable card! It's eventually up to you though. IMO, really no harm or urgency to close a no annual fee card!

Message 11 of 24
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the plan..

I just got approved last week for the Amazon Prime Visa card.

Can I rollover my FU limit to the Amazon Visa Card?

Then eventually cancelling the FU..

Yes, you can. You must have a min. of $500 limit on the card before clsoing it though.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

Have you checked for pre-approved offer? Sometimes it wont show until it's after 6 months from your last Chase app. 

Sometimes new account with Chase will help - like if you only have checking account with them but open a saving account will help - this is from my personal DP. I had like more than 10 accounts in 2 years and pre-approved for CSR as my 7th or 8th chase card 1 month after opening saving account and 6 months after last opened Chase card.

You could certainly close your FU and move credit to Amazon card. However, most people like to keep Chase main branded cards - CSR, CSP, FU, freedom. 

I would still recommend you product change FU to freedom as it's also no annual fee. In case if you get CSP or CSR later, freedom will help greatly. 

In addition, you can find Amazon gift cards like everywhere... You can always use chase freedom to buy Amazon gift card later loaded to Amazon at at least 5% cash back earned from freedom on some months. Very useful and valuable card! It's eventually up to you though. IMO, really no harm or urgency to close a no annual fee card!

Thank You for the input..

Wil SD the card for now.. Will also ask my Chase Branch rep.. I really don't mind if I can get a CSP just to keep the card.

Downgrade PC to the regular Freedom is another option to take advantage of the revolving 5% CB.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the plan..

Yes, you can. You must have a min. of $500 limit on the card before clsoing it though.

So I can't move all and ask them to close it?

Like right now I have 2K SL on the card. Can I just simply request to reallocate the whole 2K SL to my amazon and close the FU?

Message 14 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nrm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the plan..

So I can't move all and ask them to close it?

Like right now I have 2K SL on the card. Can I just simply request to reallocate the whole 2K SL to my amazon and close the FU?

I wouldn't yet.  Those small limits are easier to max usage on, triggering auto CLI's (and I am waiting for 5/24 to get that card, lol)

Message 15 of 24
zerbherb
Established Contributor

FU wins

my double cashback ended

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 16 of 24
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the plan..

I don't think having a 500 is always required. This is from my personal DP:

generally its true. However with chase, you may move the entire limit to another card if you have no activity at all for the previous one month/one statement on that card.

one of my chase cards was closed at zero CL rather than 500.

anyway I still recommend not closing it though and SD it at this time 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@nrm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the plan..

I don't think having a 500 is always required. This is from my personal DP:

generally its true. However with chase, you may move the entire limit to another card if you have no activity at all for the previous one month/one statement on that card.

one of my chase cards was closed at zero CL rather than 500.

anyway I still recommend not closing it though and SD it at this time 

I just came back from Chase Bank and spoke to one of the Rep and unfortunately no prequal offers available for me.

Oh well, as planned.. I will SD it for now and see what happens in the next 6 months.

With Chase though.. Almost everything is a freakin HP.. Kind of annoying.. Well the prequal check was SP.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not trying to hijack but has anyone lowered a chase limit to 500 and it got auto increased later on? That would be a cool inchworm method to dodge INQ.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna try to move $1500 from FU to my Chase Amazon Prime Visa.

Really can't see any future usage for this card. Since getting the Discover IT.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.