cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where have you used your EMV chip in the US?

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Where have you used your EMV chip in the US?

@blondy250 wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

Any updates? I've yet to have a transaction run as EMV within the United States, so I'm curious where people are seeing it happen.

The establishments I've used it at, 7-11, Best buy, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and Subway(sandwich place).

What city was this in, and were these all in the United States? Sorry for being skeptical but, for example, in my area Best Buy has the readers but they don't work, so I'm just curious that you've actually made successful EMV transactions at these locations, not simply seen readers.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 21 of 24
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Ralph's around here has the card reader for the EMV chip.  I inserted one the other day and nothing happens. lol

Message 22 of 24
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Local dive shop...plug and play Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 23 of 24
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

Local dive shop...plug and play Smiley Wink

What city/state? Chase or First Data by any chance?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.