Did you mean: 

Where is LS today?

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Where is LS today?

@tinuviel wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:
While I enjoy the supportive and friendly nature of this forum, I think the way in which people here define their personal success through a need for credit approvals bewilders me at times. It is a stupid charge card, after all. Nothing more. If he did not get it this time, then he can try a year from now. I think offering emotional support goes too far in this case.

People can become emotionally invested in all kinds of things. Feelings are feelings. Whatever the reason, a person's subjective emotional reaction is very real to him or her. Yes, he can try again in the future, but those of us who are offering support are trying to help him deal with what he is experiencing here and now.

well said Tin

Message 11 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

He will be back later on, he is still at work.

He will bounce back fast. I mean all of us rebuilding have been to hell and back. A denial will never break us down. A slight disappointment, but knowing you're doing the right things to get your scores up, that's what keeps me going at least.

Stealing the marines saying: Rebuilders dont die, we got to hell to regroup Smiley Happy

A man hug for LS

Message 12 of 50
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I think people were offering emotional support specifically for the purpose mentioned - to help him see that it should not be taken personally and it should not define anything more than possibly a momentary bad mood.

In my case, for example, (and I had to tell myself this until I believed it soundly), Chase can just go sit on a tack.  All of these number-spitter-outer credit decision programs are just that - dumb computers providing a "result."  Don't you think I know it works that way when it goes the other way?  I don't get granted credit because I am such a fine, upstanding, honorable person, necessarily, but more because I am getting ahead in what is basically a complicated chess game.

Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

He will be back later on, he is still at work.

He will bounce back fast. I mean all of us rebuilding have been to hell and back. A denial will never break us down. A slight disappointment, but knowing you're doing the right things to get your scores up, that's what keeps me going at least.

Stealing the marines saying: Rebuilders dont die, we got to hell to regroup Smiley Happy

A man hug for LS

+1! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 50
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I heard he was on hold w/ the recon people trying again!

(jk)

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 15 of 50
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

I heard he was on hold w/ the recon people trying again!

(jk)

-SM

that would b nice

Message 16 of 50
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Everyone looks at this credit approval and denial thing differently. I see nothing wrong with people offering their support to someone that was declined no more than someone offering congratulations to someone that was approved.

People jump and holler over a friend winning a race, getting a great grade, a new house, whatever.  They offer support for friends that didn't get those things. We're all just a bunch of text on a screen here really; letting others know there's nothing wrong with not getting some piece of plastic (that's really all it is) and that no one thinks differently of the person (who's also just text on a screen here) is more a show of anonymous friendship and a reminder that a person isn't their credit, no matter what their score or number of cards is. Oddly enough, rejection of any kind, for anything, is a powerful emotional trigger (there's even a use for it in sales,  imply someone can have something than tell them they can't and they'll actually want it more).

I think people offering support on here is a postive (whether it's needed or not) simply because it shows we have a human connection and understanding that is hard to relay through text. Simply put, it proves we're human and understand that others on here are as well, not just text on a screen. Personally, I think this thread show's a postive about MyFico and the people that post here.

Frankly, I'm going to guess LS isn't absent here because of a decline actually. My guess is either a busier than usual day, an internet connection issue or very possibly weather. Sometimes I go weeks without even looking here if I'm overly busy (I have to admit I lurked long before I joined officially).  Not looking around here too much is also a great way to avoid the temptation to apply for something (even I notice a slight urge to app when I read things on here, then I remind myself why I'm not applying for everything I see).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 50
smc733
Valued Contributor

I wish I could have given him my Zync!

I don't value Amex charge products in the slightest, what a let down once I had it.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 18 of 50
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Everyone looks at this credit approval and denial thing differently. I see nothing wrong with people offering their support to someone that was declined no more than someone offering congratulations to someone that was approved.

People jump and holler over a friend winning a race, getting a great grade, a new house, whatever.  They offer support for friends that didn't get those things. We're all just a bunch of text on a screen here really; letting others know there's nothing wrong with not getting some piece of plastic (that's really all it is) and that no one thinks differently of the person (who's also just text on a screen here) is more a show of anonymous friendship and a reminder that a person isn't their credit, no matter what their score or number of cards is. Oddly enough, rejection of any kind, for anything, is a powerful emotional trigger (there's even a use for it in sales,  imply someone can have something than tell them they can't and they'll actually want it more).

I think people offering support on here is a postive (whether it's needed or not) simply because it shows we have a human connection and understanding that is hard to relay through text. Simply put, it proves we're human and understand that others on here are as well, not just text on a screen. Personally, I think this thread show's a postive about MyFico and the people that post here.

Frankly, I'm going to guess LS isn't absent here because of a decline actually. My guess is either a busier than usual day, an internet connection issue or very possibly weather. Sometimes I go weeks without even looking here if I'm overly busy (I have to admit I lurked long before I joined officially).  Not looking around here too much is also a great way to avoid the temptation to apply for something (even I notice a slight urge to app when I read things on here, then I remind myself why I'm not applying for everything I see).

well said RY,, u brought a tear to my eyeSmiley Sad

Message 19 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

LS: Luke Skywalker

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.