cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my Delta Platinum Bonus Miles & $100 statement credit??

tag
CountryLad
New Contributor

Where's my Delta Platinum Bonus Miles & $100 statement credit??

So I signed up for the Delta Platinum AmEx back in March (3/2/19) and quickly met the spend threshold for the following signup offer:

• 75,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after $3,000 or more in eligible purchases are made on the Card within the first 3 months (92 days) of Card Membership.
  • A $100 statement credit after the first qualifying Delta purchase is made on the Card within the first 3 months (92 days) of Card Membership.

I have yet to receive the miles or the statement credit. I have contacted AmEx three times now. Last time I contacted them, they gave me a case number. That was nearly four weeks ago. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I also referred a friend for this card for 10,000 bonus miles. I promptly received those miles when she was approved.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where's my Delta Platinum Bonus Miles & $100 statement credit??

@CountryLad wrote:

So I signed up for the Delta Platinum AmEx back in March (3/2/19) and quickly met the spend threshold for the following signup offer:

• 75,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after $3,000 or more in eligible purchases are made on the Card within the first 3 months (92 days) of Card Membership.
  • A $100 statement credit after the first qualifying Delta purchase is made on the Card within the first 3 months (92 days) of Card Membership.

I have yet to receive the miles or the statement credit. I have contacted AmEx three times now. Last time I contacted them, they gave me a case number. That was nearly four weeks ago. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I also referred a friend for this card for 10,000 bonus miles. I promptly received those miles when she was approved.

Really sorry you have had this experience. I have the Delta Platinum. Received it at the beginning of May. For me, both the $100 statement credit and bonus points were added to my perspective accounts within days. 

Have you had the card before?  Do you have a lot of AmEx cards where you received SUBs? The reason I ask is because there have been issue with people receiving the SUBs if either of these two things existed. 

Also, I believe I have read an account or two on MyFico within the last few months where this has happened. I can't remember the reasons though. If I can find the threads, I will come back and provide a link. 

Message 2 of 9
CountryLad
New Contributor

This is my second AmEx. First was. Hilton I’ve had for two years. I got 50,000 points when I signed up. That’s the sum total.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that. I can't seem to find the post that I was reading where this happened to another MyFicoer. 

I would call back if I were you and if that doesn't help, I would reach out to the Executive Office. If you have screenshots of your approval with the SUB language, that would be helpful too. 

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very weird indeed seeing as most people get their subs pretty fast. Something is holding up your account it seems. Keep calling.
Message 5 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

6/21 Delta purchase

6/22 posting date

6/24 got my $100

No bonus yet, but the last bit of the $3k spend only posted yesterday or today

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Very fast posting on both of mine, but my offer was not near as valuable as yours.

Delta miles posting 2 days after spend was met.  $Statement credit for Delta purchase was instant upon posting.

Good luck, hope it works out soon!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 9
CountryLad
New Contributor

Following up on my previous post. AmEx finally credited me with my welcome bonus miles 75,000 and $100 statement credit for Delta purchase. Oddly, I had to contact them 4 times -- 3 times via online chat, 1 phone call. (May have finally been the phone call that did it. I hate calling.) Monte, the AmEx customer service rep I spoke with was great He even threw in 3,000 more miles (the max he said he could offer). So, 78,000 miles total. Thanks AmEx!

@CountryLad wrote:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLad wrote:
Following up on my previous post. AmEx finally credited me with my welcome bonus miles 75,000 and $100 statement credit for Delta purchase. Oddly, I had to contact them 4 times -- 3 times via online chat, 1 phone call. (May have finally been the phone call that did it. I hate calling.) Monte, the AmEx customer service rep I spoke with was great He even threw in 3,000 more miles (the max he said he could offer). So, 78,000 miles total. Thanks AmEx!

@CountryLad wrote:

Congratulations! I'm so happy you were able to finally get everything sorted out and get the welcome bonus and statement credit! That's great about the extra 3,000 miles!!! AmEx really is a great company!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.