Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the Cap1 CLI?!?!

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Where's the Cap1 CLI?!?!

I logged on to my Cap1 account and just for (bleep) and giggles, I clicked on the luv button. I figured I've had the card for several years now and the last time I got an increase was almost 3 years ago for $200 (bringing my CL up to $500). I didn't know I was in their credit steps until I found this site a couple of years ago. I haven't been successful in getting a CLI the past 2 or 3 times I requested it and I haven't gone the EO way. But anyways...so I enter my information online and I was surprised when in big green letters it said "Congratulations, you're eligible for a $500 credit line increase!" So I was excited and about to make a choice of accepting it when I look over to the left side for a recap of the changes...and this is what I saw:

Credit Line Recap

Old Line     $500

Increase     $0

New Total Line $500

So where the hell was the CLI?!?!

And when I selected the choice of withdrawing  the request, here is what it said, "I understand that by clicking submit, my cerdit line will remain $500." LOL I see that Cap1 got jokes. Could it be that I am at the maximum CL for the credit steps bracket I am in?

On a side note...I did the luv button for my Gap Store card and got a $200 increase making my CL $700. Not much...i'll take it since I only use the card sporadically.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Re: Where's the Cap1 CLI?!?!

I'd take a screen shot and send it via Facebook messages to the Cap One team.....see what they can do for you Smiley Happy

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 2 of 9
tk_0014
Established Member

You have to select an option to apply the 500 CLI to your current limit. If your current limit is 500, then you should be able to apply it for a total of 1000. It's a little confusing at first.

There should be buttons on the side to either accept it, deny it, or ask for less.

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 3 of 9
journey258
Frequent Contributor

seems like you just didn't finish the process. You didn't accept the increase, so it wasn't applied towards your total credit line.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 4 of 9
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Tried for my husband's C1 acct-Platinum (he has a $500 limit) did not get approved, did my Cap1 CashRewards ($500 limit) did not get approved....PIF monthly or every other month depending on finances at the time...and nada...looked through the documents on my acct and i guess last month i asked too and the message said "ineligible due to too many recent inquires"...nothing about derogotory marks or anything like that...what a load of crap...they are sock drawered as of tomorrow when I PIF, NOT using again =(  I'll stick with my cash rewards from NFCU instead...$3K limit, and lower APR anyway!

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 5 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Oh that is funny, but congrats on the increase! (Chuckling.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Thanks for the responses everyone. So I tried again just now and did as advised...i clicked on accept increase and it applied the CLI. Man, that's a little tricky and confusing! So for today, additional $700 in credit. Not a big amount but hey...baby steps toward the correct direction, right?

Maybe in several months I'll try to PC it to a better card. Just can't bring myself to close the account since it's my oldest account open for 5 years.

Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

Thanks for the responses everyone. So I tried again just now and did as advised...i clicked on accept increase and it applied the CLI. Man, that's a little tricky and confusing! So for today, additional $700 in credit. Not a big amount but hey...baby steps toward the correct direction, right?

Maybe in several months I'll try to PC it to a better card. Just can't bring myself to close the account since it's my oldest account open for 5 years.

Congrats to you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Wtg! Smiley Wink congrats!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.