Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find prequals besides the obvious

tag
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where to find prequals besides the obvious

Could be they are wanting you to have some time with Chase, before offering up better cards. 

My scores are 733-759 with 1 late over 3 yrs ago and 8% utilization.  I’m not getting any prequals either right now.  My last card was Discover last October.  I am taking the “no good prequals” for me as a sign that I need to give it more time. It may be what they want from you. IDK...my opinion.  😎

You have to do what feels right for you.  If it’s a higher starting line you want, you might wanna hold off on applying for a while.  At least until better preapprovals start rollin’ in. Again, my opinion...

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you. Im not loking for highest SL per se. I am closing on my house April 12th and will have $10k cash/current cards. Id like another $10k to spend so if I can get a combination of CCs with a total SL of $20k, I can keep UTI manageable.

Message 12 of 17
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

OMG wait till after closing before applying for any new credit!!!!!!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHAHAHA. I know! Smiley Happy thats why Im doing the prequal legwork now...

April 12th AFTER closing

Message 14 of 17
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

That makes sense.  I don’t think either of those cap one’s would give you the starting line your hoping for.

doctor of credit has a list of all the prequal sites.

if you can hold off until after you close, I think you’d have better luck getting what you want.  

BTW, Monkey....too freakin funny! 😂. 

Message 15 of 17
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

*PHEW*

carry on..nothing to worry about.

*hides the defibrillator behind his back with a silly smile on his face*

Message 16 of 17
chaos51
Regular Contributor

IME CapOne approvals for QS1 and Platinum are not going to net you the approval you want. Also, just because they only show prequal for those cards now, doesn't mean that won't change soon. DW has a sub 700 fico 8 and is very very new to credit, but CapOne shows prequal for her on Venture, QS, and Savor. I only show QS1 and Platinum, but I think that is mostly because of my massive amounts of newer credit and inquiries vs her having two-ish new accounts in two-ish years, and no hardpull for her most recent card. My income is around $95k, and she is around $75k now. If you want a big limit with CapOne, hold out for Venture. If you want a card that matches your spend and you're okay with rolling the dice on limit, then go for the card you think is best. Just my two pennies.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.