cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to pre apply for a credit card without a hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to pre apply for a credit card without a hard pull?

Are there any ccc with websites that will allow you to see if you'd be approved without a hard pull?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to pre apply for a credit card without a hard pull?

Try searching preapproval link. There are a ton listed through out the forums.

I know BoA has one, Amex and Wamu. A few others if you search on this site. Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

miahmarie wrote:
Try searching preapproval link. There are a ton listed through out the forums.

I know BoA has one, Amex and Wamu. A few others if you search on this site. Hope this helps!

BoA, HSBC, Capital One, Amex (probably not reliable).

WaMu's is now only for current WaMu accountholders.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, I didn't know that about WAMU. Yikes! Oh well, I only keep them for the PFICO. Otherwise they would be yesterday's trash.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to clarify for RichRaven:

The CCCs we have mentioned have preapproval sites where you can enter your information and see what cards you may be preapproved or prequalified for.  I just noticed that the subject line of your thread says "Where to apply for a credit card without a hard pull."  You cannot apply for any credit card without a hard pull (with the exception of Crown Jewelers, but you don't want that because I know you already have positive accounts reporting).

Keep in mind that even if you have a preapproval, an approval is not guaranteed.  It is still entirely possible to be declined even after you get a preapproval from one of these CCCs.  Also, even if you have a preapproval, they will still pull a hard inquiry when you actually apply.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.