Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which AA card is easier to get

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which AA card is easier to get

Yes I have used it, and it is fairly easy to cancel you can even cancel same day, which I have also done.  While I understand your logic behind CK score to Fico score, unfortunately this isn't always true.  I personally have seen variances of 100 points and so have others here, just fyi.  It honestly is really wise to get your Fico scores.  

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you just want to take the plunge, I am gonna go out a limb and say they are about the same difficulty. I could be wrong though.

there is nothing stop you from app'ing both if one fails.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I have used it, and it is fairly easy to cancel you can even cancel same day, which I have also done.  While I understand your logic behind CK score to Fico score, unfortunately this isn't always true.  I personally have seen variances of 100 points and so have others here, just fyi.  It honestly is really wise to get your Fico scores.  

Didn't expect that. Sounds the score from CK doesn't mean anything. I'll get the REAL score from the creditchecktotal. Thanks.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if you just want to take the plunge, I am gonna go out a limb and say they are about the same difficulty. I could be wrong though.

there is nothing stop you from app'ing both if one fails.

Good point. Maybe app both and get two SUBs Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is easier to get these days.
Message 15 of 24
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, everyone. A friend of mine suggested me to take a photo of driver license and send to Credit Karma (all done in mobile). OK, lets try it. After verified, my wife was able to access the credit report in credit karma. Surprisingly, the score was showing up as 771 (TRANSUNION VantageScore 3.0 Excellent). I know, the score is not the one used by most credit card issuers, but I believe her score should not be low now, probably over 700+. If she will apply for an AA card, should she choose Citi or Barclays? Our main concern is her short credit history though.

Why are you resisting just pulling actual FICO scores?  It takes 60 seconds and is a far better use of your time.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 16 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No one is obligated to indulge our demands.

If they want more accurate answers, they will grab their Fico scores. If they dont, it limits the responses. Up to them, though

OP, Citi is not a fan of young or thin files. Oldest AU account is 18 months, and her own is barely six months. Regardless of what her scores are, I'd let her accounts age for another six months, so her own oldest account is at least a year old. 

Some lenders (not sure if Citi is one of them) will separate AU accounts when deciding on approval, and base it on her own profile merit.

I'd wait 

Message 17 of 24
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Never implied they were obligated.  I am careful to not do that.

I asked why they were resistent to it, for the same reasons you indicate.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 18 of 24
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

OP, both Barclays and citi don’t count AU accts for age and they both require at least 365 days  of credit history to merit consideration for approval. I would recommend for her to app when her own oldest acct reaches it’s 13th month. But as everything in the credit universe...  YMMV

Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll agree witht this, Citi AA was instant approval  while Barclay's was a pending. A few days later received the denial, and had to wait until I got a letter stating I was 6/24.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.