Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which AA card is easier to get

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which AA card is easier to get

I obtained the Aviator with a 4K SL on a cold app a couple months ago, FICO was 668 at time of app with 57 percent util, 3 inqs as a data point.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

OP, both Barclays and citi don’t count AU accts for age and they both require at least 365 days  of credit history to merit consideration for approval. I would recommend for her to app when her own oldest acct reaches it’s 13th month. But as everything in the credit universe...  YMMV

Smiley Happy

Thanks. This was exactly what my friend suggested. I think we should wait for another 6 months to apply. If we really need aa miles before that, I instead of my wife will pull the triger as I regularly receive mailers from Citi, although I'm waiting for a 60K points offer of Premier with no AF first year.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

I obtained the Aviator with a 4K SL on a cold app a couple months ago, FICO was 668 at time of app with 57 percent util, 3 inqs as a data point.

Congrats! Did you have relationship with Barclays before?

Message 23 of 24
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:   Agreed, get your fico scores.  www.creditchecktotal.com offers a one week trial for only a $1.

Have you actually tried this?  I see that if you fail to cancel within the first seven days, membership auto-renews at $29.99 per month.  I'm assuming they auto-bill a credit card.  How hard do they make it to cancel and has anyone had problems with still being billed after trying to cancel a membership?  These kinds of deals can be messy sometimes. 

"... You may cancel your trial membership at any time within 7 days without charge. If you decide not to cancel, your membership will continue and you will be billed for just $29.99 for each month that you continue your membership."

Even if you cancel the trial immediately after you start it, you'll still have it or the full 7 days. That's what I do with any trial I ever sign up for!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.