cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Amex Card would you request the 3xCLI at 61 days...

tag
IamB2
Established Contributor

Which Amex Card would you request the 3xCLI at 61 days...

I am looking for opinions. I recently got approved for 2 amex cards (Delta SkyMiles @2800CL and the EveryDay for a measly $500 CL). I will be using the Skymiles for work (traveling once a month FL-OH) and the $2800 should be enough as the plan is to PIF each month. The EveryDay card is only $500 which I will be using for regular transactions and there can be more than 20 purchases per month. This and Freedom card will make a great "tag-team" of cards for me.

So at 61 days, would you request a 3xCLI on the Delta Card or the EveryDay? If I request it on the Delta, after a while I can "move" some of the Credit to the other card (if approved this will turn into $8K+). This could help me with other cards and getting a higher CL if I decide to apply for anything else. But, I still have one baddie left (A CO from 2012 - no activity since then). So knowing that, which card would have a better shot of being approved for a CLI?

I am personally leaning towards the EveryDay card because it is less exposure for Amex since I don't have a completely clean file. If I were to expose myself to more risk (if I were Amex) I would rather expose myself to an additionaly $1k than to an additional $6k.

Thoughts?

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Amex Card would you request the 3xCLI at 61 days...

I would request the CLI on the Delta.  Enter the maximum 3x CLI.  Amex will counter if you're approved for less than the full 3x CLI.  May as well go big and not just play it safe.  It's only a SP, after all.

Message 2 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

I would request the CLI on the Delta.  Enter the maximum 3x CLI.  Amex will counter if you're approved for less than the full 3x CLI.  May as well go big and not just play it safe.  It's only a SP, after all.

Thanks for the input, manwoot. I appreciate it.. I am kind of torn. LOL. Should have only applied for one - would make the decision a lot easier. But i guess this is what happens when you have one too many drinks, you are addicted to rebuilding, and are allowed online. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 6
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I have a similar dilema. My first Amex card was a BCE ($1k) opened in Feb, I was denied for my 61 day 3x CLI for basically not enough history with Amex, too many new accounts etc...) Since then I've opened up a ED ($1k) and then last month I opened a SPG ($10k) NO idea how I got a $10k CL when the other two are sitting at $1k... anwyay, I'm debating on which to go for the CLI when the 90 days is up. 

I'd ask for $25k on the SPG (Don't want to trigger a 4506/FR) or be conservitive and go for $3k on the ED. I asked about moving CL from SPG to ED and the donating card has to be open for 13 billing cycles before you can do that.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

since you want to use the blue I would request it on the blue.

Message 5 of 6
fot1
Established Contributor

I would do the Blue.. then once it hit 13 months you can move some of the CLI to the everday..

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.