cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Bank of the Devil, aka Bank of America

Bad Boys II -- "The Devil is not welcome here!"

Message 11 of 140
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mtnbikeman wrote:

Capital One - Wasting my time with a bucketed card and triple pulls

Wells Fargo - Closing my checking account with no notice 

Barclays - Auto declining anything and everything, even before my BK

Bank of America - Wasting my time and not honoring their sign on bonus (approved for a $4500 limited platinum card instead of the $5k Visa Sig)

Synchrony Bank - Demanding tax documents and holding my cards hostage

That's all for now. 

3 of yours are on my list too Smiley Happy In fact they are my list.

On the positive side, I noticed that you're a Dept of Interior FCU member, as am I. Much nicer to deal with an institution like that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

Bank of the Devil, aka Bank of America

Bad Boys II -- "The Devil is not welcome here!"

😂😂😂 I had to laugh!  BOA is not doing well in the post I see.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Cowboys4Life wrote:

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.

Come again?  Oh that's unacceptable.  I don't blame you one bit.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 14 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@mtnbikeman wrote:

Capital One - Wasting my time with a bucketed card and triple pulls

Wells Fargo - Closing my checking account with no notice 

Barclays - Auto declining anything and everything, even before my BK

Bank of America - Wasting my time and not honoring their sign on bonus (approved for a $4500 limited platinum card instead of the $5k Visa Sig)

Synchrony Bank - Demanding tax documents and holding my cards hostage

That's all for now. 

There has always been something about Capital One that bugs me.  A triple pull from Cap 1 is utterly ridiculous.  

Message 15 of 140
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

New York Community Bank.  Wasn't dealing with them by choice, only due to an acquisition and they closed a checking account for a brief zero balance in a manner that wasn't consistent with anything in their written terms and conditions.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 16 of 140
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Interesting topic. It is strange that WF is the fourth largest bank (based on wiki) while I see several people do not like to do business with it. Anyway, I do not see any good CC product from WF to do business with them Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 17 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sznthescore wrote:

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.

Off topic but Veridian? Beautiful 😍

On topic, Chase for still bucketing my CFF, and Barclays for twice denying CC apps.

Cap One 360 checking is excellent, easy setup and no fee incoming foreign wire, in contrast to PenFed which can't even receive it(no Swift code). So not really impressed with PenFed also requiring 500 deposit for 2% back. Did I make a mistake apping for checking & PCR, SL also being low.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 18 of 140
acreditdummy123
Regular Contributor

every bank is okay to me. Except US bank for biz and navy fed. US bank gave me a low af credit line and wouldn't let me cycle to earn the bonus. Navy fed is slow af at accepting my bank payments and slow with everything in general. they can't keep up in 2022 and it's a boomers' bank. however, i'd still get their cards for short term once they have better bonuses

❤️ Am a peaceful, positive person. Credit scores: Amazing and higher than most. AAoA: Superb. No lates. No delinquencies.

The past is the past. I'm a completely new person now as of 3/6/23
Message 19 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@acreditdummy123 wrote:

every bank is okay to me. Except US bank for biz and navy fed. US bank gave me a low af credit line and wouldn't let me cycle to earn the bonus. Navy fed is slow at accepting my bank payments and slow with everything in general. they can't keep up in 2022 and it's a boomers' bank. however, i'd still get their cards for short term once they have better bonuses

I agree with your assessment of NFCU...Sheeeesh. I haven't done business with US Bank 

Message 20 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.