cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@xenon3030 wrote:

Interesting topic. It is strange that WF is the fourth largest bank (based on wiki) while I see several people do not like to do business with it. Anyway, I do not see any good CC product from WF to do business with them Smiley Happy

I swear, I'd rather mop the ocean's floor than to deal with WF.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 140
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Credit One...Never had one, but I consider them BELOW subprime. They are super-predatory, and just one step above the telephone scammers who claim they are with Norton or Microsoft. 

American Airlines Federal Credit Union - I was eligible though a family member. Never again. Ever. They are like the Keystone Cops, but with a mean streak. More problems than I can even list...none of which I created.

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union - Just awful. Attitude like I've never seen at a CU, which only got worse when I tried to close my account.

Barclays - I'm happily on their blacklist due to IIB. Barclays Blacklist Class of 2017. They can keep their crummy cards. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 22 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sznthescore wrote:

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.

Off topic but Veridian? Beautiful 😍

🥳 🤩 stay on topic @Anonymous  I don't want the myFICO effect to happen on them. Plus, this thread is about financial institutions we DON'T like ... 😁😎

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 23 of 140
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Interesting topic and the range of answers, plus the fact that probably equally many people love the banks on the list (credit one perhaps being the exception!  But isn't Credit One much better than some others, like First Premier?  Credit One has one or two half OK cards) shows how pointless the "BEWARE!!!" type posts are.   Most of the reasons given are perhaps one-offs (Chase CSR being, um, very odd), bad experiences with credit card apps or SUBs, and some, like Cap One three pulls, are universal.

And while I have had a few bad experiences (Golden One, Wells Fargo, American Express) I wouldn't rule any of them out in future.

Message 24 of 140
C6
Regular Contributor

I'd have to say Amex is the worse. They play more games with cardholders than just about any bank. They hold themselves out as prestigious but I wonder how many have a Platinum card with a low limit and mediocre benefits.

Message 25 of 140
Roger1071549
New Contributor

I will happily say mine is more petty than anything. Its a smaller institution (WSFS). They bought my bank at the time that also had my mortgage.

They reduced my rate I was getting paid on my savings (by a significant amount), then made it difficult to pay my mortgage without writing a check. They then tried to charge me a fee when I refinanced to a credit union. 

They keep sending credit card offers in the mail that get shredded before opening.

I was so frustrated I have kept my account open with 2 cents in it. They dont have a fee for a paper statement so I get that mailed monthly. 

Message 26 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Interesting topic and the range of answers, plus the fact that probably equally many people love the banks on the list (credit one perhaps being the exception!  But isn't Credit One much better than some others, like First Premier?  Credit One has one or two half OK cards) shows how pointless the "BEWARE!!!" type posts are.   Most of the reasons given are perhaps one-offs (Chase CSR being, um, very odd), bad experiences with credit card apps or SUBs, and some, like Cap One three pulls, are universal.

And while I have had a few bad experiences (Golden One, Wells Fargo, American Express) I wouldn't rule any of them out in future.

While I've never personally dealt with any subprime bank, I've read enough horror stories to "Be aware".  I'm so surprised to hear that Tri-Pulls are universal.  Wheeeew that seems excessive, assuming it's for a credit card app.  I'm learning so much from this thread and the range of answers.  Thanks for sharing

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 27 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@C6 wrote:

I'd have to say Amex is the worse. They play more games with cardholders than just about any bank. They hold themselves out as prestigious but I wonder how many have a Platinum card with a low limit and mediocre benefits.

A platinum card with a low limit?  I never thought about that.  I too, tend to hear Amex Platinum and automatically think prestigious and high limit.   Great perspective.  

Message 28 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

I will happily say mine is more petty than anything. Its a smaller institution (WSFS). They bought my bank at the time that also had my mortgage.

They reduced my rate I was getting paid on my savings (by a significant amount), then made it difficult to pay my mortgage without writing a check. They then tried to charge me a fee when I refinanced to a credit union. 

They keep sending credit card offers in the mail that get shredded before opening.

I was so frustrated I have kept my account open with 2 cents in it. They dont have a fee for a paper statement so I get that mailed monthly. 

Oh thsts's worthy of fury.  We have matching "Petty suits"😂 I'd totally do the same thing.  I love it lol 

Message 29 of 140
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

I'm so surprised to hear that Tri-Pulls are universal.  Wheeeew that seems excessive, assuming it's for a credit card app. 

By universal, I meant that almost everyone who applies for a Cap One card gets 3 pulls, one from each bureau, not that it is at all common from other issuers.  Cap One has cornered the market on this!

That said "triple pull", IMO, sounds worse than it is.  It is just a single pull on each bureau, so the damage, per bureau, is no different than from any other credit card. 

Message 30 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.