cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Fortunately for me, I've never had a bad experience with any FI that would warrant me refusing to do business with them ever again; however, based strictly on their shady practices, Wells Fargo is the only one I would never consider building a relationship with.

Message 31 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

You are very fortunate and your Banking radar is very much on point, with Wells Fargo.  Steer clear.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 140
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

For me, it's Bank of America. I had a horrible experience with their checking accounts...delayed posting of direct deposits, over the top maintenance fees, and a horrible experience going into overdraft multiple times (with multiple overdraft fees that they wouldn't reverse) due to those delayed posting of direct deposits. Granted, this was way back when I was right out of college and had no idea that there were better options out there. My parents set me up with Bank of America when I was 17, so that was what I used. I hit my late 20s, decided I had enough, and switched to PNC. I have never once had an issue and I could not believe how easy they were to deal with in comparison. PNC has my loyalty forever now, but that probably wouldn't be the case if Bank of America hadn't been so horrid.

Message 33 of 140
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

I will happily say mine is more petty than anything. Its a smaller institution (WSFS). They bought my bank at the time that also had my mortgage.

They reduced my rate I was getting paid on my savings (by a significant amount), then made it difficult to pay my mortgage without writing a check. They then tried to charge me a fee when I refinanced to a credit union. 

They keep sending credit card offers in the mail that get shredded before opening.

I was so frustrated I have kept my account open with 2 cents in it. They dont have a fee for a paper statement so I get that mailed monthly. 

"Petty", indeed, and quite hilarious! Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.

All of this!!! Yes! Cards should definitely be chosen using strategy.  I wish I would've known this years ago.  I probably would've made different decisions.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 35 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

🚫 Credit One Bank for sure! 🚫

Most definitely. Fee-thirsty and predatory banks are blacklisted in my book.

I agree wholeheartedly.  

Message 36 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

@Cowboys4Life wrote:

CHASE.  One of their CSRs had the audacity to tell me the money I deposited with them in a checking account was not MY money but theirs and they simply let me use it.  I closed my accounts immediately on the spot.  I will NEVER do business with them again.

Chase has me blacklisted and I have no clue why. I was in-branch one day trying to open a business account... CSR was nice about it, didn't say nothing but removed the privacy screen for me to see his computer screen. Nothing but a full screen of RED PARAGRAPHS... too much to read. I was embarrassed and politely got up and left.  I should have known something years before when they closed a prepaid account within two weeks from opening it in-branch. No more embarrassment from Chase for me.

That would've definitely been the last straw for me too.  🤬 Chase is hit or miss.  Folks get a lot of love from Chase, meanwhile I'm over here with a measly 5.1k 🙄 lol 

Message 37 of 140
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Amex, Bank of America, Chase

Message 38 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

@sznthescore wrote:

Bank of America, Chase, Discover and these are just off experience. Not to mention, I have a "how will this bank/credit union benefit me" list of features I look for as well... calculated into a "Financial Benefit Score" lol Smiley Wink Adverse actions can get them closed/blocked or removed from my finances.

All of this!!! Yes! Cards should definitely be chosen using strategy.  I wish I would've known this years ago.  I probably would've made different decisions.  

@CreditCharmer True. Hope this isn't too off topic....  I currently have two credit unions on the chopping block for these reasons:  #1) is too conservative for me right now and the other #2) come to find out I didn't personally meet their standards for a basic checking account that offers 3% cash-back on purchases up to $300 per month for $9 cash-back... my whole purpose in joining. Plus, credit products are minimal and I can get or already have them elsewhere. Not to mention interest rates and other factors considered in my evaluation.

Conclusion: Closing those accounts at 6 months to avoid any penalty or fees.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 39 of 140
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Never say never, because I can be bought... but Capital One. Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.