cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

I would never outright apply for a Capital One card...I would however do a PC on my QS card to a different one cause it's old and I don't wanna close an aged account.

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 41 of 140
Remedios
Credit Mentor

None, as long as they have something I want and it is beneficial to me.  

Holding a grudge against faceless corporation is like saying "I denounce this rock because I tripped on it" 

Guess what...rock doesn't care,and you probably shouldn't either.  

Message 42 of 140
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Bank of America always gets dog piled when this topic comes up, which I personally don't understand — I've always received great service and never had a problem. Likewise with Chase. 

Business Cards:
Message 43 of 140
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America for me.  Just a lot of annoyances were building up.  Extremely difficult to get someone on the phone when calling about certain account types.  Four visits to my branch just to get them to correct a 4 cent mistake so I could finally close that credit card.  Being told they would do something and they never did.  Lastly, the cut my local branches hours to 10am-4pm Monday through Friday, which means I have to take time away from work to do any banking business that requires a humanoid.

Just all aded up to transferred my money elsewhere.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 44 of 140
Reithe
Valued Member

I have accounts with multiple financial institutions and never had a problem with any of them. I just use my cards, pay in full, and reap the rewards Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 140
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I have had annoying experiences with banks but two come to mind that I will never deal with again. US Bank and Bank of the West. 

Bank of the West was the primary bank at a business for me for years. It was a corporate account with all of the anyalysis fees and everything. They nickel and dimed everything. Moving from them to City National Bank saved over $1k a month is BS fees. When we informed them we would be transitioning to another bank they closed all accounts on the spot. Bounced checks and reputational harm that cannot be quantified. Nasty response from relationship manager was "we thought we'd help you along"

US Bank lost a wire transfer. Even providing them all of the FED Wire details they just kept saying they didn't have it. Yet when it was recalled by the sending bank they refused the recall. Took a CFPB complaint and they magically "found" it. Pure incompetence. 

Message 46 of 140
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Currently, I have no major complaints with any financial insitution  Smiley Happy  Although except for the Amazon Prime card I have with Chase, tbh, none of their other card products interest me enough to want to app for another Chase card.  (I can still remember back from when in the early 2000s, Chase was still offering credit cards at single-digit interest rates -- something they would obviously never do in today's credit environment -- I even had a Chase Platinum card with them at something like 6.XX% V APR, until they tried to rate-jack me and I closed it out, during CARD Act.)

As far as Bank of America, ime, I have actually had a relatively good experience with them.  For many years and around the time when I first signed up for MyFico, they were the only card issuer I had a credit card with that survived CARD Act with a fixed-rate, single-digit APR still intact.  Later on in my MyFico journey, I was blessedly able to apply for and be approved for other fixed-rate cards below 10%.

Message 47 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Currently, I have no major complaints with any financial insitution  Smiley Happy  Although except for the Amazon Prime card I have with Chase, tbh, none of their other card products interest me enough to want to app for another Chase card.  (I can still remember back from when in the early 2000s, Chase was still offering credit cards at single-digit interest rates -- something they would obviously never do in today's credit environment -- I even had a Chase Platinum card with them at something like 6.XX% V APR, until they tried to rate-jack me and I closed it out, during CARD Act.)

As far as Bank of America, ime, I have actually had a relatively good experience with them.  For many years and around the time when I first signed up for MyFico, they were the only card issuer I had a credit card with that survived CARD Act with a fixed-rate, single-digit APR still intact.  Later on in my MyFico journey, I was blessedly able to apply for and be approved for other fixed-rate cards below 10%.

I too have a solid relationship with BOA.  I mostly pay my balances off in full minus (a BT I have with Discover).  These Interest rates are terrible.  
BTW, nice card selection.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 48 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

I have had annoying experiences with banks but two come to mind that I will never deal with again. US Bank and Bank of the West. 

Bank of the West was the primary bank at a business for me for years. It was a corporate account with all of the anyalysis fees and everything. They nickel and dimed everything. Moving from them to City National Bank saved over $1k a month is BS fees. When we informed them we would be transitioning to another bank they closed all accounts on the spot. Bounced checks and reputational harm that cannot be quantified. Nasty response from relationship manager was "we thought we'd help you along"

US Bank lost a wire transfer. Even providing them all of the FED Wire details they just kept saying they didn't have it. Yet when it was recalled bythe sendin gbank they refused the recall. Took a CFPB complaint and they magicallt "found" it. Pure incompetence. 

How did you keep your composure?  Sheeeesh!!! That's a lot to deal with all at once.  Exiting a financial institution should not be difficult.  They were beyond unprofessional.  Ughhhh.  Glad you found a way to save money.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 49 of 140
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Many people will say Synchrony Smiley Happy.   I personally don't have a problem with them. 

Message 50 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.