cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@sccredit wrote:

I have had annoying experiences with banks but two come to mind that I will never deal with again. US Bank and Bank of the West. 

Bank of the West was the primary bank at a business for me for years. It was a corporate account with all of the anyalysis fees and everything. They nickel and dimed everything. Moving from them to City National Bank saved over $1k a month is BS fees. When we informed them we would be transitioning to another bank they closed all accounts on the spot. Bounced checks and reputational harm that cannot be quantified. Nasty response from relationship manager was "we thought we'd help you along"

US Bank lost a wire transfer. Even providing them all of the FED Wire details they just kept saying they didn't have it. Yet when it was recalled bythe sendin gbank they refused the recall. Took a CFPB complaint and they magicallt "found" it. Pure incompetence. 

The nerve! Smiley Mad

These banks are rogues. 

Message 51 of 140
Catbird_Seat
Contributor

1. Wells= so many horror stories, there's not enough space to type them all out. However the worst happened to my parents. Someone washed a $150 check & very obviously altered it to $15,000. My parents kept very little in their checking account to avoid something like this. Instead of bouncing the check or refusing it due to obvious fraud, they did an illegal cash advance from my parent's business credit card to cover the $15,000 check. This cash advance also resulted in their credit report taking a hit, because it appeared they were over 50% ulitization because there were other charges on the card & Wells did a mid-cycle report to the CRAs. My mom didn't even know yet about the check or the cash advance until she got a Credit Alert from Discover that her credit score took a hit. Needless to say, Wells put my mom through the ringer to get this resolved & never even so much as apologized. They also bought out Wachovia, my second favorite bank.

1. BofA= tied with Wells, they will have a special place in he**. 

2. Chase= They bought my beloved Washington Mutual. Jamie Dimon  said the transition would be seamless...it was not. Last year I tried to cash a check drawn on their account because my bank was going to put a 7 day hold on it. I took in my DL & my passport, yet they treated me like I was a criminal. Finally told them to call the check issuer because they were about to get blasted on social media if they didn't stop acting as if cashing a check is illegal. They also were the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

3. Citi= Never had a good experience with them. From cards mailed to wrong address, to payments taking longer than necessary to post, I ended my relationship with them years ago & never went back. 

Message 52 of 140
tussking
Established Contributor

1) Chase - Plain and simple.

2) Wells F - Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

3) BOA - Second worst customer service ever.

4) Comenity - Why bother...

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 53 of 140
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Capital One

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 54 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catbird_Seat wrote:

1. Wells= so many horror stories, there's not enough space to type them all out. However the worst happened to my parents. Someone washed a $150 check & very obviously altered it to $15,000. My parents kept very little in their checking account to avoid something like this. Instead of bouncing the check or refusing it due to obvious fraud, they did an illegal cash advance from my parent's business credit card to cover the $15,000 check. This cash advance also resulted in their credit report taking a hit, because it appeared they were over 50% ulitization because there were other charges on the card & Wells did a mid-cycle report to the CRAs. My mom didn't even know yet about the check or the cash advance until she got a Credit Alert from Discover that her credit score took a hit. Needless to say, Wells put my mom through the ringer to get this resolved & never even so much as apologized. They also bought out Wachovia, my second favorite bank.

2. Chase= They bought my beloved Washington Mutual. Jamie Dimon  said the transition would be seamless...it was not. Last year I tried to cash a check drawn on their account because my bank was going to put a 7 day hold on it. I took in my DL & my passport, yet they treated me like I was a criminal. Finally told them to call the check issuer because they were about to get blasted on social media if they didn't stop acting as if cashing a check is illegal. They also were the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

3. Citi= Never had a good experience with them. From cards mailed to wrong address, to payments taking longer than necessary to post, I ended my relationship with them years ago & never went back. 

Jesus that's top 4 banks in terms of asset? Which cc do u use, now am curious! Amex? USB? CUs?  Today had a nice chat with Chase, all were pleasant, USB, BOA, Citi and now Chase. WF even has chat function, no need even to visit to obtain info

Message 55 of 140
Catbird_Seat
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catbird_Seat wrote:

Jesus that's top 4 banks in terms of asset? Which cc do u use, now am curious! Amex? USB? CUs?  Today had a nice chat with Chase, all were pleasant, USB, BOA, Citi and now Chase. WF even has chat function, no need even to visit to obtain info

I'm about 95% strictly CUs now, the only banks I use are US Bank & USAA. I was with SunTrust but after their merger, my accounts were screwed up for weeks & I closed them when I could. I've never had any issues with my current banks nor the CUs. I'm of the mind that I'm a customer, if I get poor service at any business I use, I'll take my patronage elsewhere. There's no reason to give a company your business when they treat you poorly because you can find another company that won't. 

Message 56 of 140
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

For me its Bank of America and Axios Bank it took them 4 to 5 months to link 2 accounts so that I would not be charged a fee.  By the time they figured it I wasready to and did close my accounts. Any bank or credit union that has savings account(s) that earn less than .10%.  I have credit card accounts with Chase, Citi Bank, Capital One (Walmart) and Synchrony that I would never have a checking or savings accounts with. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 57 of 140
red259
Super Contributor

For banking I will never use Bank of America again. They were terrible to deal with. By far the worst bank I ever had accounts with. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 58 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA taking a shellacking here!

In terms of receiving foreign wire, Cap 1 360 checking reigns supreme: NO FEE. Today confirmed Chase too but with normal(not $5/m Secured) checking with 1500 balance, otherwise $12, still cheaper than BoA and WF's 16 or so. USB charges most like 20. Not sure about Disco Debit. CUs can't receive for example PenFed without Swift code(so why did I even bother to open lol)

Message 59 of 140
SirMilo
Regular Contributor

Chase and BoA for me.

Chase tried to pull a fast one but I was faster and caused them to lose $1000's. I tried to throw them a bone but they chose instead to bite my hand so they got what they deserved. It was mighty satisfying to throw Goliath under the bus for once.

BoA is also on my never again list. The wife and I opened a checking/savings account when we got together in 1990 and closed it around 10 years ago. A safe deposit box was included with the accounts. We closed the accounts and returned the keys for the SDB. I never received anything from BoA after the account closure until 6 years later when a bill arrived with 6 YEARS of safe deposit box charges. I fought them for months by asking why they would tolerate non-payment for 6 years before contacting me. Needless to say, they had no answer for that question and I was left with no option other than paying that ridiculous bill. I will stuff money in a matress before they see another dime.

Message 60 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.