cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

NASA FCU is the other financial institution, I will never ever bank with.  Too many issues while trying to join inside a branch.

Guyatthebeach

Interesting.  I have had only positive experiences with NASA FCU.  I joined in the FotM days where they gave me a $30K CL with a soft pull, and I seem to have a different card from some, where each point is worth 1.5c   (earning 1 point per $ spent, rather than the more usual credit card approach of 1.5 points per $ spent, each worth one cent).   Their certificate rates are often very good, and their near yearly $100 back (+ normal rewards)  for $1000 spend is very good value.

Message 81 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Longtimelurker,

I thought it would be easy to join when it was the flavor of the month.  I was more interested in opening a CD rather than getting a credit card. We stopped in the Arlington branch while we in town to wanted to join in person. I brought everything we needed included an utility bill for proof of residency. They wanted a notarized copy of my deed to verify residency because whatever system  was showing our condo and not our house which was our primary residency at the time.  I didn't feel the reward was really worth all the effort, but I wasn't mailing a copy of the deed to have it get lost.

Guyatthebeach

Message 82 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

I'm going to go with Wells Fargo and Bank of America as well.

Not now, not ever.

@Lou-natic I couldn't possibly agree with you more!  WF is horrible 👿 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 83 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I only have two financial institutions that I never ever do with again.  I had a checking account with Wells Fargo and closed it when the branch I used closed. I only used the account to deposit cash when I couldn't drive to my main CU and bank which were an hour away. They posted a credit card payment to some else's account. It took 2 months to correct that. A year later, someone opened 2 checking accounts.  Wells Fargo said that the employee opened them in error.  I'm done with that bank.

NASA FCU is the other financial institution, I will never ever bank with.  Too many issues while trying to join inside a branch.

Guyatthebeach

@Guyatthebeach aint no way they opened those accounts in error.  There is a Netflix special on WF and their fraudulent practices.  Tellers were telling stories of how the bank set unattainable goals on the amt of accounts they were required to open.  Horrible!!! 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 84 of 140
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I'm easy and sleazy.  No matter which bank may have committed past transgressions, offer me a new and innovative cash back card, and I am signing up.  Smiley Happy  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 85 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

I'm easy and sleazy.  No matter which bank may have committed past transgressions, offer me a new and innovative cash back card, and I am signing up.  Smiley Happy  

@ptatohed Lol No judgement,. I get it.  This is not a hill everyone is willing to die on. 😩 

Message 86 of 140
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

laughing-baby.gif

Message 87 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been wronged by bank but if I was and they had a card I wanted, I would make sure I was an unprofitable customer.

Message 88 of 140
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

A lot of the hatred seems to be based on a belief the that institution is a more-or-less unchanging whole.   Whereas many of the stories aren't really "I was screwed by Bank X" so much as "CSR Y and supervisor Z did something terrible [which without emotion might also be quite minor]"

Y and Z may well have moved on, perhaps to your current favourite, and you just haven't met them yet, or they have improved.  And similarly that great CSR from your favoutite bank has just got a job at Bank X.

So I'm with "If the new card is good enough, go for it, regardless of the bank"    And I am sure someone like @Remedios is keeping track of this thread so she can say, in 3 years time when someone posts in the Approval section, "But you said you would never get a Bank Of America card!"

Message 89 of 140
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

A lot of the hatred seems to be based on a belief the that institution is a more-or-less unchanging whole.   Whereas many of the stories aren't really "I was screwed by Bank X" so much as "CSR Y and supervisor Z did something terrible [which without emotion might also be quite minor]"

Y and Z may well have moved on, perhaps to your current favourite, and you just haven't met them yet, or they have improved.  And similarly that great CSR from your favoutite bank has just got a job at Bank X.

So I'm with "If the new card is good enough, go for it, regardless of the bank"    And I am sure someone like @Remedios is keeping track of this thread so she can say, in 3 years time when someone posts in the Approval section, "But you said you would never get a Bank Of America card!"

You're funny 😐 

No, I won't quote anyone. Some people have a very fluid relationship with reality, so I've decided that grabbing popcorn is by far more entertaining. 

Message 90 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.