cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@Remedios wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

A lot of the hatred seems to be based on a belief the that institution is a more-or-less unchanging whole.   Whereas many of the stories aren't really "I was screwed by Bank X" so much as "CSR Y and supervisor Z did something terrible [which without emotion might also be quite minor]"

Y and Z may well have moved on, perhaps to your current favourite, and you just haven't met them yet, or they have improved.  And similarly that great CSR from your favoutite bank has just got a job at Bank X.

So I'm with "If the new card is good enough, go for it, regardless of the bank"    And I am sure someone like @Remedios is keeping track of this thread so she can say, in 3 years time when someone posts in the Approval section, "But you said you would never get a Bank Of America card!"

You're funny 😐 

No, I won't quote anyone. Some people have a very fluid relationship with reality, so I've decided that grabbing popcorn is by far more entertaining. 

Digest this info the best way you see fit.  No judgement.  The end of the road for one person is most certainly not the end of the road for others.   Severing a relationship (business or otherwise) is a very personal choice.  🤷🏼‍♀️  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 91 of 140
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Interesting discussions. Let's grab some popcorns to follow the stories here in parallel to world cup Smiley Happy. I am still interested to see how Qatar could win the host bids against the other candidates including the US, while it seems that the host does not have a chance to come up from the first stage, after getting defeated in the opening game vs Ecuador Smiley Happy. It is the first host defeat in the opening game ever!!! Fingers crossed for the match tomorrow against Wales...

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 92 of 140
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Interesting discussions. Let's grab some popcorns to follow the stories here in parallel to world cup Smiley Happy. I am still interested to see how Qatar could win the host bids against the other candidates including the US, while it seems that the host does not have a chance to come up from the first stage, after getting defeated in the opening game vs Ecuador Smiley Happy. It is the first host defeat in the opening game ever!!! Fingers crossed for the match tomorrow against Wales...

You okay? 

Message 93 of 140
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

You okay? 

Does anyone care about the soccer world cup, such a niche game!  Credit cards are more important!

OT: Over the years I have tried to explain English rivalry vs the American sort, e.g. Red Sox vs Yankees.  Here in the US, if someone supports another team you might give them grief when your team defeats theirs (or if any other team does for that matter) and avoid them when your team loses.   If you are a hardcore English football fan, and you support say Chelsea, and then you come across someone who supports QPR.  Well, doesn't their support of a different team imply that your choice is wrong?  And that you are wrong/stupid/lying?  In other words, by merely supporting another team they are really asking for a fight.  And when your mates and their mates join in and some people get hurt or killed, well, they started it by supporting that crap team!   Like religious wars, but much more important.

Message 94 of 140
7774x
Established Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 

US Bank ... with extra 4 people saying yes to vote

Message 95 of 140
sznthescore
Established Contributor

We're getting off topic... 🙄

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 96 of 140
iced
Valued Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

I feel like for one reason or the other, there is a bank that come hell or high water, you'll never do business with them again.  This disdain can be based on a bad experience referencing a credit card, mortgage, bank acct etc.  

What say you?  Who have you written off? 

For the record, hands down, mine is Wells Fargo.  If they were the last bank on earth, I'd use cash! 

Capital One. Substandard bank with substandard support and products.

Message 97 of 140
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

How do they take a "one hundred and fifty dollars" check and turn it into a   "fifteen thousand dollars" check?

I mean, that's what that line is there for, right?? 

Message 98 of 140
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@Gregory1776 wrote:

How do they take a "one hundred and fifty dollars" check and turn it into a   "fifteen thousand dollars" check?

I mean, that's what that line is there for, right?? 

Wish I could get that lucky!

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 99 of 140
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

FNBO for their weird and unwarranted limit slashing on so many people's credit lines lately. I would understand it if there seemed to be a legit reason but it's been very out of nowhere and at no fault of the card holders. 

Message 100 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.