cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

None, as long as they have something I want and it is beneficial to me.  

Holding a grudge against faceless corporation is like saying "I denounce this rock because I tripped on it" 

Guess what...rock doesn't care,and you probably shouldn't either.  

Sames.

Don't be a party pooper with your sound argument! Get on the hate train and start throwing rocks at banks... 

Message 121 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Holding a grudge against faceless corporation is like saying "I denounce this rock because I tripped on it" 

Sames.

Don't be a party pooper with your sound argument! Get on the hate train and start throwing rocks at banks... 

Right!!! Thank you!  I mean, clearly this post is to voice our sheer disdain for one or more financial institutions.  Sheeeeesh!  Why ruin the venting festivities? 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 122 of 140
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Sames.

My takeaway is different and thanks to @Remedios for pointing this out.  I was tripped by a rock last week and a similar, if not the same one, yesterday.  Time to stop this nightmare. Rock might not care now, but it will be made to care!

Message 123 of 140
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I'm going to chuck a rock at BOA as well...  Had a checking account with them for a short period of time decided to close it due to their crazy fees, They wouldn't let me saying I had to keep it for x amount of time or be charged a early cancel fee...  So after the time elapsed I went in branch to cancel. No problem they assured me it was canceled but following month statement came with another fee attached because I didn't have the minimum amount in the account...  This went on for 3 months and several trips to the branch until it was finally sorted out. A complete disaster and waste of time. Never again!

And on a lesser note Citbank is weird that you can only make a certain amount of payments a month to the card, It's not a deal breaker but I normally use my Amex cards for daily around town spending and pay them each day or every few days. It's more of an annoyance really that they don't allow this.

Message 124 of 140
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

So after the time elapsed I went in branch to cancel. No problem they assured me it was canceled but following month statement came with another fee attached because I didn't have the minimum amount in the account...  This went on for 3 months and several trips to the branch until it was finally sorted out. A complete disaster and waste of time. Never again!

DW had the same issues with TD Bank.  Kept trying to close, they would tell her it was closed, then more fees get added

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 125 of 140
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCharmer wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Sames.

Right!!! Thank you!  I mean, clearly this post is to voice our sheer disdain for one or more financial institutions.  Sheeeeesh!  Why ruin the venting festivities? 

No one is ruining the "festivities". Clearly, opinions from different angles are going to be posted so even for folks who haven't had major issues with a variety of institutions. But, carry on and continue with such festivities 🥳 Don't forget your 🪨 🪨 🪨!

Message 126 of 140
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The only FI that I can definitely say never again would be Flagstar Bank (oops, wrong servicer!) Freedom Mortgage.  A previous mortgage servicer sold my mortgage to them and then I started getting twice weekly calls to refi.  Rates never made enough sense to deal with the closing and the clock reset, so my answer was always no.  Then one day one of their many sales people called player 2 and said that I had agreed to refinance the loan, and they were sending her a few things to sign to get the ball rolling (joint mortgage).  🤯  Started the refi process with NFCU that week and never looked back.

Also while it may be unique to my particular card, I'd be hesitant to open another FNBO card.  My China Airlines card has an annual fee, yet I still get "use it or we are going to close it" letters in the mail if I go a mere 3 statements without a balance on it.

Message 127 of 140
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The only FI that I can definitely say never again would be Flagstar Bank.  A previous mortgage servicer sold my mortgage to them and then I started getting twice weekly calls to refi.  Rates never made enough sense to deal with the closing and the clock reset, so my answer was always no.  Then one day one of their many sales people called player 2 and said that I had agreed to refinance the loan, and they were sending her a few things to sign to get the ball rolling (joint mortgage).  🤯  Started the refi process with NFCU that week and never looked back.

Also while it may be unique to my particular card, I'd be hesitant to open another FNBO card.  My China Airlines card has an annual fee, yet I still get "use it or we are going to close it" letters in the mail if I go a mere 3 statements without a balance on it.

Dang!! Thats shady as hell! Glad you went to Navy!

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 128 of 140
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The only FI that I can definitely say never again would be Flagstar Bank.  A previous mortgage servicer sold my mortgage to them and then I started getting twice weekly calls to refi.  Rates never made enough sense to deal with the closing and the clock reset, so my answer was always no.  Then one day one of their many sales people called player 2 and said that I had agreed to refinance the loan, and they were sending her a few things to sign to get the ball rolling (joint mortgage).  🤯  Started the refi process with NFCU that week and never looked back.

How you feel about Flagstar is how I feel about PHH Mortgage.  (I give them side-eye often) They bought our mortgage from another bank.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 129 of 140
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

How you feel about Flagstar is how I feel about PHH Mortgage.  (I give them side-eye often) They bought our mortgage from another bank.  

Oops, I just realized I misspoke.  I had Flagstar briefly and then they yet again sold my loan to Freedom Mortgage.  It was Freedom Mortgage that had the super shady sales people.  I'll go back and edit my post above.  I actually didn't have any issues with them other than the short term between them acquiring the loan and them selling it again.  Strangely I never had a single issue with PHH, who was the servicer I had for close to a decade (through 2 refis as well; rates kept dropping) prior to Flagstar getting the mortgage.

Message 130 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.