cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Which Bank can never get your Business Again?

@Catbird_Seat wrote:

@fantic wrote:

@Catbird_Seat wrote:

1. Wells= so many horror stories, there's not enough space to type them all out. However the worst happened to my parents. Someone washed a $150 check & very obviously altered it to $15,000. My parents kept very little in their checking account to avoid something like this. Instead of bouncing the check or refusing it due to obvious fraud, they did an illegal cash advance from my parent's business credit card to cover the $15,000 check. This cash advance also resulted in their credit report taking a hit, because it appeared they were over 50% ulitization because there were other charges on the card & Wells did a mid-cycle report to the CRAs. My mom didn't even know yet about the check or the cash advance until she got a Credit Alert from Discover that her credit score took a hit. Needless to say, Wells put my mom through the ringer to get this resolved & never even so much as apologized. They also bought out Wachovia, my second favorite bank.

1. BofA= tied with Wells, they will have a special place in he**. 

2. Chase= They bought my beloved Washington Mutual. Jamie Dimon  said the transition would be seamless...it was not. Last year I tried to cash a check drawn on their account because my bank was going to put a 7 day hold on it. I took in my DL & my passport, yet they treated me like I was a criminal. Finally told them to call the check issuer because they were about to get blasted on social media if they didn't stop acting as if cashing a check is illegal. They also were the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

3. Citi= Never had a good experience with them. From cards mailed to wrong address, to payments taking longer than necessary to post, I ended my relationship with them years ago & never went back. 

Jesus that's top 4 banks in terms of asset? Which cc do u use, now am curious! Amex? USB? CUs?  Today had a nice chat with Chase, all were pleasant, USB, BOA, Citi and now Chase. WF even has chat function, no need even to visit to obtain info

I'm about 95% strictly CUs now, the only banks I use are US Bank & USAA. I was with SunTrust but after their merger, my accounts were screwed up for weeks & I closed them when I could. I've never had any issues with my current banks nor the CUs. I'm of the mind that I'm a customer, if I get poor service at any business I use, I'll take my patronage elsewhere. There's no reason to give a company your business when they treat you poorly because you can find another company that won't. 

I couldn't agree more. Incompetence coupled with bad customer service is a sure-fire way to get rid of me as a customer.  Inexcusable!!! 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 61 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@fantic wrote:

BoA taking a shellacking here!

In terms of receiving foreign wire, Cap 1 360 checking reigns supreme: NO FEE. Today confirmed Chase too but with normal(not $5/m Secured) checking with 1500 balance, otherwise $12, still cheaper than BoA and WF's 16 or so. USB charges most like 20. Not sure about Disco Debit. CUs can't receive for example PenFed without Swift code(so why did I even bother to open lol)

😂 seriously, according to the folks here, BOA is the equivalent to banking trash! Sheeeesh! 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 62 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@SirMilo wrote:

Chase and BoA for me.

Chase tried to pull a fast one but I was faster and caused them to lose $1000's. I tried to throw them a bone but they chose instead to bite my hand so they got what they deserved. It was mighty satisfying to throw Goliath under the bus for once.

BoA is also on my never again list. The wife and I opened a checking/savings account when we got together in 1990 and closed it around 10 years ago. A safe deposit box was included with the accounts. We closed the accounts and returned the keys for the SDB. I never received anything from BoA after the account closure until 6 years later when a bill arrived with 6 YEARS of safe deposit box charges. I fought them for months by asking why they would tolerate non-payment for 6 years before contacting me. Needless to say, they had no answer for that question and I was left with no option other than paying that ridiculous bill. I will stuff money in a matress before they see another dime.

6 years of payments?  **bleep**? Ughhhh  Ain't no way!!! I would've set the whole establishment ablaze.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  

Message 63 of 132
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

I bank with Chase over 15yrs and never had an issue with them.  Even though we have BK in our credit reports we can't get CC with them since we IIB (which is undertandable) but, they supplemented and gave us a low APR auto loan.  Not one size fits for all i guess.

• First Union/Wachovia/Well Fargo = Banked since I was a teen but dropped them about 6yrs ago when they opened 2 new bank accts later learned they were fined for bad practices.
  • Navy Fed = No issues however, as a CU I don't see my paycheck the day before I'm paid. In contrast, Penfed my pay is there the day before.
  • Credit One = Horrific CustSvc almost felt i needed a prison shank with me when came time to close my account.  But they served their purpose like a cheap thrill date to pass time.

Reading this list I'm gathering intel not only on the "toilet paper" smear bank institutions but also see others that I've not read.   (Suntrust/Truist/TD Bank).  Anyhow just an observation.

[2x] AU Amex Cards
Message 64 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

I bank with Chase over 15yrs and never had an issue with them.  Even though we have BK in our credit reports we can't get CC with them since we IIB (which is undertandable) but, they supplemented and gave us a low APR auto loan.  Not one size fits for all i guess.

• First Union/Wachovia/Well Fargo = Banked since I was a teen but dropped them about 6yrs ago when they opened 2 new bank accts later learned they were fined for bad practices.
  • Navy Fed = No issues however, as a CU I don't see my paycheck the day before I'm paid. In contrast, Penfed my pay is there the day before.
  • Credit One = Horrific CustSvc almost felt i needed a prison shank with me when came time to close my account.  But they served their purpose like a cheap thrill date to pass time.

Reading this list I'm gathering intel not only on the "toilet paper" smear bank institutions but also see others that I've not read.   (Suntrust/Truist/TD Bank).  Anyhow just an observation.

Your assessment on Credit One is spot on.  I've never dealt with them but the stories are disheartening.  SubPrime in every way.  
Off topic....oh how I chuckled at your Siggy regarding your "Apps/New accts" lol 

Message 65 of 132
Remedios

If I think one person wronged me, I'm probably right.

If I'm holding grudges against two or three, probably equal "fault" 

If I feel like the world wronged me, it's most likely not the world, but me and what/how I'm handling myself. 

"To The Left" ~ Gandhi
Message 66 of 132
difringe
Established Contributor

i won't say 'never' because if there's an opportunity to make money off these FIs, i'll take it, but the ones i'm least interested in dealing with again are

wells fargo - i don't think i need to pile onto everyone else's experience

fnbo - their recent activity really bugged me and it's not like i need their products

as far as ones that have done well by me, pnc, first tech, navy federal, and amex all qualify. i have no complaints with them.

Message 67 of 132
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@difringe wrote:

i won't say 'never' because if there's an opportunity to make money off these FIs, i'll take it, but the ones i'm least interested in dealing with again are

wells fargo - i don't think i need to pile onto everyone else's experience

fnbo - their recent activity really bugged me and it's not like i need their products

as far as ones that have done well by me, pnc, first tech, navy federal, and amex all qualify. i have no complaints with them.

FNBO seems really unstable right now.  They're slashing credit limits, seemingly without merit.  I'll skip them for now.  

Message 68 of 132
Trini88
Established Contributor

150% Bank of America. Fees if I don't work for a few months on their checking, basically non existent interest in their savings and the icing on the cake, they refuse to give me their Cash Rewards Card. So I closed my savings, put all my money in Penfed. I stopped using their Americard and I'm just waiting till I get my house to then close my checking and have my checks go into Penfed as well. I'm SO OVER THEM.

Goal Cards:
Message 69 of 132
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

6 years of payments?  **bleep**? Ughhhh  Ain't no way!!! I would've set the whole establishment ablaze.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  

Dear @CreditCharmer   We will be contacting you shortly.   Your use of the conditional fools nobody.

Special Agent In Charge Lurker

FBI Arson and Financial Crimes Division

Message 70 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.