Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC pull Eq?

tag
happyhome40
New Contributor

Which CC pull Eq?

I just got my score watch score and my eq score is now at 720 and ex per amex is sitting at 700 I think. I want a card that offers cash back. I already have a citi-forward and an amex green. I have a starter card that I got two years ago that I'm so ready to retire but I paid the annual fee already and will keep it til the end of the year and cancel it right before they try to charge me again. But really, what is the benefit of keeping at this point and waiting? I already paid, I get no rewards or anything from the use of it. What do you guys think?

Monica

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Which CC pull Eq?

@happyhome40 wrote:

I just got my score watch score and my eq score is now at 720 and ex per amex is sitting at 700 I think. I want a card that offers cash back. I already have a citi-forward and an amex green. I have a starter card that I got two years ago that I'm so ready to retire but I paid the annual fee already and will keep it til the end of the year and cancel it right before they try to charge me again. But really, what is the benefit of keeping at this point and waiting? I already paid, I get no rewards or anything from the use of it. What do you guys think?

Monica

If you leave it open for another it then that is one more year that it will remain on your reports as a postive, closed account.   Like you said, you have already paid for it so why not just leave it alone for a year.....

You could try for the AMEX BCE or BCP if you are looking for a cash rewards card ~ if you happen to be declined it will only be a soft pull....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I find some cu that use equifax exclusively.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
happyhome40
New Contributor

I applied for the BCE, they denied me because they used a score from April which was a drop from 695. I called to have it recon because they had very recent scores because I receive a monthly credit update from them also. They still refused.

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@happyhome40 wrote:

I applied for the BCE, they denied me because they used a score from April which was a drop from 695. I called to have it recon because they had very recent scores because I receive a monthly credit update from them also. They still refused.

Yeah that happens sometimes, they'll use their most recent soft pull, which can be several weeks old.....but at least you didn't incur an inquiry.   And you can reapply in 30 days, assuming that you think your scores might be better.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.