Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CC to get?

tag
Flipper24
Established Member

Which CC to get?

Last score I pulled in April was 671 TU but my utilization has gone up so I am expecting a decline in the score.

Currently I have the following CC's:

US Bank Visa - 3000cl

Orchard - 300cl

Cap 1 - 250cl

CorTrust - 300cl

Who should I look to in order to have the highest chance of approval and CL?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Which CC to get?

I would look into credit unions such as penfed and etc. IMO, I believe CU's will be less likely to hike up your interest rate or ambush your CL's compared to large financial institutions.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe Juniper.  Most Juny cards pull TU.  Barnes & Noble card did but their Carters card pulled EQ.
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Likely Penfed will not approve with high utilzation especially these days. I would pay down under 9% before any new apps. 
Message 4 of 6
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Likely Penfed will not approve with high utilzation especially these days. I would pay down under 9% before any new apps. 

True, but seeing that his score has not taken a hit, I'm assuming as of now, he has a relatively low debt to credit ratio and his creditors have not posted his current balance. So he could actually apply now before the balances are reported. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

671 is at best borderline with Penfed now. But it's only an inquiry.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.