cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Card (s) are your favorite and why?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Which Card (s) are your favorite and why?

PNC bank. Checking and Savings account with them. Frequent CLI 6.9 apr www.pncbank.com
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Which Card (s) are your favorite and why?

PenFed. Great cash rewards, automatically credited every month, no saving up, no expiration. Fantastic CS. Generous with the CLI's. And I understand that they're working on their website, thank goodness.

AmEx Gold Rewards Plus. So far, so good. They caught fraudulent usage on it, did three-way calls with Amazon and PayPal, replaced the card with a new number (overnighted it, too), points keep piling on, even though I hardly travel at all. I've always been happy with their CS.

Really, I'm happy with the others, too (USAA x2, generous and great CS), Chase, etc. I'm killing off the ones I don't like, so that makes this easy!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 14
elsijfdl
Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Select - although I'm not sure they still market it. Regular CLIs, the CS is good, and the rewards are good (1% cash back, 2% for groceries, utilities, gas, drugstore, etc.).

Although I just converted a BofA card I had to a Bank Americard and I think that might become my new favorite card when it arrives.

Message 3 of 14
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Lol, right now my Discover Card is my fav because I love shopdiscover.com and hope to see some good rewards reporting in 8 weeks!! :-)

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

have no fav.. would like it to be my delta amex but have to worry about cld so not nice. Would have to go for BoA Amex
Message 5 of 14
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
PNC bank. Checking and Savings account with them. Frequent CLI 6.9 apr www.pncbank.com

Once I get a CC with some serious rewards, I'll holla back atcha!

Message 6 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My gas card  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Blue Cash, because it's working out very nicely indeed right now (PC'd to it from the Blue in August, added my husband as an AU, and we've racked up, hmmm, $75 or so in cash rebate so far, all without carrying a balance for more than a week at a time) - but who knows how long that's going to last? I could certainly do without the side order of paranoia that comes as standard with any AmEx these days. Smiley Indifferent

Edited to add - I also like it because it's my highest limit - but again, who knows how long THAT is going to last? 

Message Edited by fevmlo on 11-08-2008 01:27 PM
Message 8 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Plat. Tons of travel perks and I earn 3 points for every dollar I charge.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards from Chase, Sony Card, and the Perfect Card.

11/01/08    Chase Platinum Visa(Perfect Crd) 7500cl    ----Just received and activated                                                                                                       CLI 1500 to my 6000cl= 7500clSmiley Very Happy

11/07/08    Chase Sony Card  5000cl     ----got a cli of 3500+from prior 1500cl

Im just happySmiley Happy.my total cl has tripled, thank you chase!!!!! Now to keep it from the cld trend.Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.