Did you mean: 

Which Cards Move the Fastest with Frequent CLI Increases 🚴🏽‍♂️

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Cards Move the Fastest with Frequent CLI Increases 🚴🏽‍♂️

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

@JamP wrote:

Amex BCE for the 3x Cli went from 1000 cl to 50k cl (60 and 90 day cli trains)

Discover IT went from 1500 cl to $39500 (I missed the Discover cli train or mine would be 50k)

Citi Double Cash went from $3600 to $16300 (Cli Every 6 months like Clockwork, I missed the CLI glitch or mine would be 50k)

Can't say I have had much luck with any other card cli's. Most either stayed the same as approval cl or took some of the cl away unfortunately.

My DW would say Amex BCE, Tjmax, Walmart, and Citi DoubleCash. 

Discover hasn't been as good to her. She started with a Secured IT card with a $200 limit. Its now sitting at $3300 she gets $300 clis once in a while but seems kinda bucketed. Doesn't matter if we max it or minimal spend, doesn't matter on credit rating. Maybe someday they will crack. Most likely she needs to apply for a new one with her credit score.

Our Scores were very low when we started. Just a matter of letting stuff age and asking at the right time.

We both started with Cap1 Secured cards when it was time to get back into the credit game.

Wait, how long did it take for your BCE? I'm three years at $1000 and counting....Smiley Frustrated

Was looking for my original BCE Approval Post 1k approval Smiley Happy. This seems like ages ago now. So glad I let things age. Man I was really searching for credit back then. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-App-Spree/td-p/4029114/page/2

BCE can be kinda funny, was that your initial approval cl? Also what is your credit score with Amex? Are you following the 61/91/181 day rules? Are you only asking for 3x? Are any of your credit bureaus frozen/locked?

Sometimes its best to see if you are pre approved for another Amex card like the ED or Cash Magnet. This is sometimes dependant on your amex credit score. Do you get Amex Mailers in the snail mail? They may give you a larger credit line then you can move some of it around after a certain amount of time.

I started with the Amex ED card, didn't really like it. I wanted the BCE was approved very low, moved all but 500 from ED to BCE closed ED, took them a while to let me have cli's on the BCE. I have also been denied within this process. I did not go straight to 50k. I was denied twice to 50k and a few times getting there.

My DW started with the BCE and was approved for the ED card not long after, took them a long while to let her have cli's on either. Ended up moving most from ED to BCE also. Her ED sits with 500 cl. My DW was denied a few times then they let things get rolling but the first few times it was not 3x it was 1k. Thinking after her BCE hits 50k, I may try for cli on that card.

Been eyeing the Amex 1.5% card lately. Would be interesting to see how much more credit they would give me with a 50k cl BCE. My DW BCE is now at 34K. Gonna shoot for the moon on the next cli.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.