Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Chase card is easier?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Which Chase card is easier?

@jroche91 wrote:
I have been denied for a Chase card over and over for the last 3 years. Out of all the chase cards which is the easiest to be approved for? I just want to get in the door i am not concerned with the card benefits just yet.

I was thinking of Chase Amazon & Chase Slate. Are these usually the most lenient in UW?

I understand your frustration, but with your current scores it's a little unreasonable to expect to be approved for a Chase card, at least without going through recon.

If you decide to recon a denial you might be able to persuade an analyst to approve you (since as you mention you have significant deposits).  Just be prepared to explain your charge offs and any other negative items that might be holding your scores down.

I also understand the immediate thought to pull your deposits, but that really wouldn't accomplish anything and in fact might even make getting approved for a Chase product even more difficult (since your deposit accounts would be a 'plus' if you recon).  That's your decision to make, though.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@jroche91 wrote:
I have been denied for a Chase card over and over for the last 3 years. Out of all the chase cards which is the easiest to be approved for? I just want to get in the door i am not concerned with the card benefits just yet.

I was thinking of Chase Amazon & Chase Slate. Are these usually the most lenient in UW?

I understand your frustration, but with your current scores it's a little unreasonable to expect to be approved for a Chase card, at least without going through recon.

If you decide to recon a denial you might be able to persuade an analyst to approve you (since as you mention you have significant deposits).  Just be prepared to explain your charge offs and any other negative items that might be holding your scores down.

I also understand the immediate thought to pull your deposits, but that really wouldn't accomplish anything and in fact might even make getting approved for a Chase product even more difficult (since your deposit accounts would be a 'plus' if you recon).  That's your decision to make, though.

Good luck!

Chase is up and down. When I was originally approved for the regular Freedom in August 2015 my Experian score was 643. I had two unpaid chargeoffs from 2013 & 2014. Both from Cap1, and other Derogs. I applied and got the 30 day. I forgot all about it thinking it was a denial. A few weeks later I got a verification letter asking to call in. I was approved when I called for $4000. I was shocked and was expecting an instant denial.

They must have had a crystal ball or had faith (half kidding) in me. Now I have no baddies and files are all sqeeky clean. Right now in my Chase offers based on my relationship with Chase I have the CSR and Freedom offers.

As much as I would love the CSR, I'm not going to take the bait (not going to risk closure). I'm in the garden until January 2020. Reports and accounts are starting to age nicely, going to keep it that way.

Message 12 of 39
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, BTW, I've heard anecdotal evidence that Chase Amazon has the losest underwriting standards of the Chase cards. 

I applied, and I'm currently waiting on a 30 day notice.  Maybe I'll finally get My "IN" with Chase. 

Best credit wishes to you!

+1 If they approved my recon for Chase Amazon, they must have loose underwriting standards. Either that or my powers of persuasion were elevated that day. Smiley Happy

Hey Bella!

Ok, you must share your Amazon recon story.  I can use some pointers in case I need to recon.  I would love  getting my "in" sooner rather than later. 

Sure, grill! Smiley Happy

Nov '15 BK discharged 

Chase IIB for approximately $9000

2/15/17Apped Chase Amazon 

30-day review, then received denial letter 6 days later

Next morning called Chase to recon

Got a very nice rep on the phone. She asked me basic questions about my income length of employment with current employer which was almost 13 years. About my husband's employment too. Then the heavy stuff, she asked me to describe the events leading to my BK. I was honest. we did carry high balances, but always, always, always paid on-time, never missing a payment and then I went into all of our personal details which for every person who's gone through BK or has other baddies will be different. But I just told her the truth. I will tell you this, that I told her how I called our creditors, including Chase, and asked for them for help, asked them to lower our APR, lower our payments, to do something to help us make headway. And none of them would do anything. I also told her how going through bankruptcy was very hard on me, because I've always paid my bills.

I must have been on the phone for 30-40 minutes or so, if not it sure felt like it. She put me on hold, came back on 2 or 3 times to tell me they were still reviewing, and finally came back and said, "Mrs. ________, we can only approve you for a limit of $500." It seemed like a million to me. Smiley Happy

Fantastic Bella! Thanks for sharing. 

Surely your experience can help the OP, myself And others to use recon as another option should the need arise. 

I'd be happy with $500 also. It'll give me a chance to prove my worthiness. 

Congrats, and thanks again for sharing!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the input. I ultimately would like to get the chase trifecta but i know that it won't happen until my reports are clean in 2021.

I have 3 charge offs from 2014

Bank of America - $6101 & $9540

Amex - $8600 (CO was $14,000 i have been paying this down recently due to the optima oasis offer being given to me)

I have never burned Chase but even before 2014 when i had 750 FICO's i could never get into Chase for some reason. That worked out though because i have never burned them.

As far as switching my banking i don't think that would help since i am trying to get in with Chase. I figured if anything would help me it would be that. 

I think i will apply for the Chase Amazon Visa and if i get approved i can always transfer the limits to the new card later on. I will probably wait for all but 1 of my balances to report $0 and then i will app.

I also don't think Score is everything because in November of last year Nordstrom approved me for a $3000 visa with them and i only had a 580 EX FICO

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, BTW, I've heard anecdotal evidence that Chase Amazon has the losest underwriting standards of the Chase cards. 

I applied, and I'm currently waiting on a 30 day notice.  Maybe I'll finally get My "IN" with Chase. 

Best credit wishes to you!

+1 If they approved my recon for Chase Amazon, they must have loose underwriting standards. Either that or my powers of persuasion were elevated that day. Smiley Happy

Hey Bella!

Ok, you must share your Amazon recon story.  I can use some pointers in case I need to recon.  I would love  getting my "in" sooner rather than later. 

Sure, grill! Smiley Happy

Nov '15 BK discharged 

Chase IIB for approximately $9000

2/15/17Apped Chase Amazon 

30-day review, then received denial letter 6 days later

Next morning called Chase to recon

Got a very nice rep on the phone. She asked me basic questions about my income length of employment with current employer which was almost 13 years. About my husband's employment too. Then the heavy stuff, she asked me to describe the events leading to my BK. I was honest. we did carry high balances, but always, always, always paid on-time, never missing a payment and then I went into all of our personal details which for every person who's gone through BK or has other baddies will be different. But I just told her the truth. I will tell you this, that I told her how I called our creditors, including Chase, and asked for them for help, asked them to lower our APR, lower our payments, to do something to help us make headway. And none of them would do anything. I also told her how going through bankruptcy was very hard on me, because I've always paid my bills.

I must have been on the phone for 30-40 minutes or so, if not it sure felt like it. She put me on hold, came back on 2 or 3 times to tell me they were still reviewing, and finally came back and said, "Mrs. ________, we can only approve you for a limit of $500." It seemed like a million to me. Smiley Happy

Thank you for sharing this is great!!! Congrats!

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bella007 appreciate your sharing the real world and how it can affect us. You have done well and can feel good that you worked hard to return to the world of credit Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Bella! Thanks for sharing. 

Surely your experience can help the OP, myself And others to use recon as another option should the need arise. 

I'd be happy with $500 also. It'll give me a chance to prove my worthiness. 

Congrats, and thanks again for sharing!

Thanks, grill! Forgot to include that I did tell her all I wanted was a chance to re-establish a relationship with Chase. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jroche91 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this is great!!! Congrats!

I hope it helps, jroche! I just wanted to let everyone know it is possible to get in with them. I've seen others on here who have done it too. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Bella007 appreciate your sharing the real world and how it can affect us. You have done well and can feel good that you worked hard to return to the world of credit Smiley Happy

Thanks, Dino, I appreciate your kind words. It is still really hard for me to share, especially the amount. I'm just grateful to be where I'm at now. In a way, BK was a good thing, it taught me a lot of lessons about how I was, and how I need to be. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon and Disney Rewards. You can "upgrade" to the AF version if you wish later by using your online login.
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.