Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Citi Card is easiest to get with 760 Fico 8

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Which Citi Card is easiest to get with 760 Fico 8

Hello guys, 

Which citicard is easiest to get approved for from the following. 

3 burueaus are in the 750+ fico 8

Citi Diamond preferred, Citi Simpliciti or Double cash or an Airlines card ?

Also, if applying to a Discover IT as well, which one should be applied for first Citi or Discover? Which one will be more sensitive if they see another inquiry same day? They both may use Experian as I can remember. 

Thanks

P.S: Will Discover allow to move available credit from one card to another?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Citi Card is easiest to get with 760 Fico 8

Can you share more data points, please?

What does your overall profile look like?

Message 2 of 11
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

18% overall utilization

49% util on 2 cards. 

Student loans 

No lates, no hard inquiries in past year. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I hear Citi can be sensitive to inquiries within the last week or two. I don't know the exact rule, but I'd do Citi first.

If you can afford to PIF and don't need an intro 0% period, I suggest you go for an AA card (or Premier/Prestige) with a big bonus, then PC after a year.

Not sure how sensitive they are to utilization.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 11
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Hi, the AA cards offer bal transfers as well. Are these Citi cards easier to get since they are partner cards?

The mile up has no annual fee. 

Good advise on which to apply first. 

Message 5 of 11
VintageMel
New Contributor

Last month I got approved for a Citi DC, and applied for Discover the next day. Despite a pre-approval offer from Discover showing the lowest APR, I was denied.  The sole reason listed was too many recent inquiries. 

You may want to prioritize which one you want most, and allow some time between applications if you really want both.

3/28/23
EX 810
EQ 831
TU ???
Cap1 QS March 2017 | AmEx BCP July 2019 | Citi DC June 2020 | AmEx Delta Gold October 2020 | Chase FU October 2020 | Macy's AmEx May 2021
Message 6 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

IMO there's quite a risk that you might only get one of the two cards. Your 49% util on 2 cards plus 19% over all in these economic times might give them pause especially if they see 2 successive apps in a very short period of time as that might indicate a "credit distress" in their algorithm. They both have been known to use EQ/EX and oftentimes citi does a double pull on both. 
I will app first for the one that I need and want the most as the other might and can be a decline. 
Good Luck!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 11
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@JR_TX Hi, Cards will be at 29% util at time of application. Strategy changed. 

The need is for a BT that allows a check to be deposited in checking account or direct deposit to checking instead of paying off a creditor. 

Discover sends checks when requested for BT and Citi I hear they can do the transfer to checking or check (but wanted to corroborate this information with the CITi and whether it depends on the credit card used) Depending on this alone is what will be applied for first. Any ideas. ?

Message 8 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@JR_TX Hi, Cards will be at 29% util at time of application. Strategy changed. 

The need is for a BT that allows a check to be deposited in checking account or direct deposit to checking instead of paying off a creditor. 

Discover sends checks when requested for BT and Citi I hear they can do the transfer to checking or check (but wanted to corroborate this information with the CITi and whether it depends on the credit card used) Depending on this alone is what will be applied for first. Any ideas. ?

Anytime I have done a BT with Citi (except for the first one), this has been the case. But I don't know that it is a guarantee.

Also, there is no guarantee that Citi will approve with a limit large enough to BT or will even allow a BT right now. Some members who have been approved for a card with a BT offer later found out they could not BT.

Things to keep in mind.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I wanted the same cards - Citi and Discover. I listened to VintageMel advice and applied for Discover first: they pulled Experian score 739 on July 9, 2020 Approved. Then on July 19, 2020(ten days later) I applied for Citi Double Cash. They pulled Experian also, score was 752 and approved. Hope that helps.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.