cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Comes First...Barclay CLI or New Account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Comes First...Barclay CLI or New Account?

since a PC doesn't involve running credit i would imagine than they can still get their new card if they so choose because it APPEARS to me (obviously i don't know without asking) that the op hasn't had a HP with them in over 6 months and reasonably since obtaining their most recent of the two cards.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this was my thought too---Cannot I app because the card was a PC?

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
since a PC doesn't involve running credit i would imagine than they can still get their new card if they so choose because it APPEARS to me (obviously i don't know without asking) that the op hasn't had a HP with them in over 6 months and reasonably since obtaining their most recent of the two cards.

I actually went the APR-Reduction Request Route for a credit limit increasewith my Rewards card last month (and got both an APR reduction and a CLI), but that was a SP.  I confirmed this with the rep prior to my increase request and also checked with credit reporting agencies--There has been no HP--

Message 13 of 16
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

My bad I misread. Thought the rewards card was the new one.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
My bad I misread. Thought the rewards card was the new one.

No worries--Long day for me and maybe I wasn't clear.  I had my Rewards card for about a year+.  Apple Financing, about 2years, and just PCd Apple Financing to Apple Rewards, activated yesterday.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again, guys.  Not to be a huge PIA, but just wanted to recap general consensus of whether I should try for a CLI on my Apple card (Apple card was just  PCd from Apple Financing a couple days ago-- I have had Apple account for 2+ years) or apply for the World MC.  (I also have a Rewards card which is 1+ years old.  Just got a SP CLI last month when i asked for an APR reduction).  Thoughts?  Thanks!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.