Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NFCU card should i get?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which NFCU card should i get?

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007I am definitely wanted 20-25k SL so i did not know if one warranted a bigger SL than the other.  If that type of limit wouldnt be a problem on the CR card, then it makes sense to get the SUB and not go after the flagship.  Thank you for your reply!

@Anonymous, You are welcomeSmiley Happy

Some good reading here, although depending on how much you want to read?, you can skip some pagesSmiley Very Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/td-p/3419729

Message 11 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I would go with a card that has a sign up bonus.

Also really depends on what you like better?

I notice the More Rewards Amex offer expires on June 30, 2020.

Does NFCU make new offers on that card right away, or is it a quarterly thing?

@Wavester64, @Anonymous Could better answer that question .. than I couldSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousThank you for the quick reply! I am not in it for the SUB at all, just wondering does the flagship get a higher initial SL? Or are you able to get a higher limit over the life of the card than you would get for the CR? I do plan on asking for a CLI on the GR card after i app for the 2nd card. Thank you again!

Like others have stated, there doesn't seem to be a difference in starting lines other than you will never be approved for a Flagship with a very low starting line.  Over the life of the card, yes Flagship can be higher as it has a $80k cap on the limit whereas all of their other cards are capped at $50k.

Whether you are in it for the SUB or not, 50k bonuses for Flagship come around all the time - why would you throw $500 away not going for it while it has the SUB?

Message 13 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Whether you are in it for the SUB or not, 50k bonuses for Flagship come around all the time - why would you throw $500 away not going for it while it has the SUB?

OP not being comfortable right now with organically meeting the typical $4K/90 day spend requirement with mininal-to-no carrying of a balance?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 15
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

OP not being comfortable right now with organically meeting the typical $4K/90 day spend requirement with mininal-to-no carrying of a balance?

If OP is looking for a 20-25k limit it's not unreasonable to believe the SUB would be easy to hit.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.