Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Top Tier MasterCard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Top Tier MasterCard?

Savor is a top tier WEMC mastercard with no FTF and a whole plethora of benefits.

My Savor One came as a WEMC as well but I’m not sure if all of them are WEMC since they’re lower tier cards than the Savor, which has an AF and 1% higher return on dining and entertainment.

Barclays is too AA happy for me.
Message 11 of 56
jbestman007
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Savor is a top tier WEMC mastercard with no FTF and a whole plethora of benefits.

My Savor One came as a WEMC as well but I’m not sure if all of them are WEMC since they’re lower tier cards than the Savor, which has an AF and 1% higher return on dining and entertainment.

Barclays is too AA happy for me.

I agree with how finicky Barclays can be. I do have Savor as one of the cards I am looking at. 

Message 12 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Citi Prestige stands out as the obvious choice for what it seems like you're looking for. They're capping the fourth night free benefit at two uses per year, but if you can use it then you'll probably end up with positive value just from that and the travel credit.

Lots of perks, good earning rate, though it's ThankYou points which may or may not be ideal depending on your strategy, plus it's a black metal credit card if that sort of thing appeals to you.
Message 13 of 56
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@ironchef wrote:

Understood and Agreed! I dont fly as much with AA as I did other airlines but I will expand my Flights with them when I can to get Full Benefits for this Top Tier MC form Barclays.

Hi, even going by your definition of a "top Tier MC from Barclays" the Red Aviator is NOT the "top tier" the Aviator SILVER is the top tier MC for AA and Barclays....I believe you have to have the RED and then get INVITED to get the Silver....of course more benefits and higher AF but if that is what you are looking for check it out....

Message 14 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is always mastercard black card, gold card for your collecting pleasure.

The reward sucks, but you already have reward part covered with your existing cards.

B_Right-Angle_Shadow_529x305_E.pngG_Right-Angle_Shadow_529x305_E.png

Message 15 of 56
jbestman007
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@jbestman007 wrote:

You are defining top tier subjectively. I mean top tier by any objective definition. In other words, flagship cards issued by international brands. And we all know what those are. Example, the Chase Freedom, while a very good card, is not Chase's flagship card. Chase Sapphire Reserve is its flagship/top tier card. So, you not having any use for it does not change the fact that it is innately a flagship. 

Well, in that case, pick a Mastercard with highest annual fee and hardest to get approved for

Boom, your first top tier card. 

Good luck ! 

LOL

There is no way I could have asked this question without coming across as smug and irrational but believe me, I am not. We can all agree that we are all different and cannot all fit in one box. When I first got an electric car, I got crushed by car enthusiasts that thought it was pricey, inconvenient and a joke. All true, from their perspective. However, I once poured engine oil in my wiper fluid container. In other words, I am not a car person. The electric car is charge. Drive. Zero to no maintenance. You have no idea how valuable that is to a non car person like me. 

There are built in benefits to these cards that are valuable to me. It might not be to a lot of people but they are infinitely valuable to me at this stage of my life. Remember, I am not getting 20 cards. I am getting just 4 or 5. If I am keeping a thin portfolio, I want only the best for me (within reason of course).  The two cards I mentioned, the Amex Platinum and the CSR. I have researched those extensively and will have the AFs covered easily. If there is any doubt, I would stay with the Gold and the CSP. But for now, given my lifestyle and needs, the AF is not an issue. 

Again, sorry if I am coming across as ridiculous. But I get how I can be judged harshly without the benefit of context. 

Message 16 of 56
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jbestman007 wrote:

My credit card strategy is to have a top tier card from each major network by the time my portfolio is complete. 

So....  

Amex:  Amex Platinum

Visa: Chase Sapphire Reserve

Discover: Discover IT 

Business: Amex Business Gold or Chase Ink Preferred

MasterCard: ?

Right now, I have no clue what MasterCard to get. I am leaning towards getting the Apple Titanium card but.... there's gotta be a better card out there, right?

I know this question is partly based on needs. To be frank, The CSR and the Amex Platinum would have my needs pretty covered. The MasterCard would be to cover all my bases since I travel internationally and never want to be caught unprepared, when it comes to networks. I don't care about SUBs or point chasing. I care more about member benefits, hence the top tier cards. 

Since you travel a lot I would suggest the Citi Premier card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 17 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the scores shown in your signature up to date?

Message 18 of 56
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jbestman007 wrote:

My credit card strategy is to have a top tier card from each major network by the time my portfolio is complete. 

So....  

Right now, I have no clue what MasterCard to get. I am leaning towards getting the Apple Titanium card but.... there's gotta be a better card out there, right?

I know this question is partly based on needs. To be frank, The CSR and the Amex Platinum would have my needs pretty covered. The MasterCard would be to cover all my bases since I travel internationally and never want to be caught unprepared, when it comes to networks. I don't care about SUBs or point chasing. I care more about member benefits, hence the top tier cards. 

But isn't Citi DUMPING a lot of the benefits this September to that and many other of their cards?

Message 19 of 56
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jbestman007 wrote:

So....  

But isn't Citi DUMPING a lot of the benefits this September to that and many other of their cards?

No. Not that I'm aware of.

Oops. I guess you're right.

https://onemileatatime.com/citi-benefits-changes/

What the heck?

Holy cow. Dropping car rental insurance is major. The Premier card is principally a travel card. But I would be crazy to use it for car rentals now.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.