cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Wal-Mart/Discover recon number is best to call?

tag
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Which Wal-Mart/Discover recon number is best to call?

I got approved for a Wal-Mart card yesterday but I wanted the Discover version, and with a much higher limit. Which Recon number should I call, the Wal-Mart personal accounts, the UW #, or Discover? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Wal-Mart/Discover recon number is best to call?

I would call personal accounts. Credit solutions may get it done too. Calling Discover will not do a single thing.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 13
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

No worries, good luck with the recon. And if it doesn't work out (it likely won't) Your walmart card will be upgradeable to the walmart discover after a while. Also, keep in mind, although I'm sure that you already know, that a walmart Discover will not get your foot in the proverbial door with Discover.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 13
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Actually, I didn't know that. I was hoping that having the Discover version would give me more options. I'm looking for a good general use card to start rebuilding. Do you have any suggestions of which card/bank would be good options? I was thinking since I already have two with GE that it would be easier to get a general use with them. I haven't really started researching, but I'm thinking lenders like Citi, Chase, and Amex are no go's for right now. I'm trying to avoid the obvious, too many inquiries in too short of a time period. 

Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LilyWallace wrote:

I got approved for a Wal-Mart card yesterday but I wanted the Discover version, and with a much higher limit. Which Recon number should I call, the Wal-Mart personal accounts, the UW #, or Discover? 

Highly doubt your going to get them to give you the Discover version but a CLI might be in the cards.

1 877 379 8173

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Not to be the bearer of bad news wish I could tell you different but all walmart app's are considered for the discover card first and if you don't qualify for it by default you are then considered for the store version....sorrySmiley Sad

However GE is good at recon so you may be able to get a higher limitSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
LilyWallace
Valued Member

Thank you. I'm not too disappointed about the Discover part of it at this point. Do you know if GE has any general use cards? I've looked through the Rebuilding forums a little but haven't found any advice regarding that aspect. 

Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LilyWallace wrote:

Thank you. I'm not too disappointed about the Discover part of it at this point. Do you know if GE has any general use cards? I've looked through the Rebuilding forums a little but haven't found any advice regarding that aspect. 

Explain general use not sure what your asking?...sorry 

I assuming you mean visa mastercard that can be used anywhere?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 13
LilyWallace
Valued Member

I'm sorry, yes that is what I was thinking.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.