cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which banks pull only 1 hard inquiry for new card and credit limit increase on old card?

tag
duckSF
Established Member

Which banks pull only 1 hard inquiry for new card and credit limit increase on old card?

I'm going card shopping and raising limits so need to start with ones that don't do multiple HP's to raise limit on current card and open a new card(if they even exist) Ones I'm going to try are Chase, Discover, Citi, US Bank, and PNC. All cards have been open for multiple years.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Grizzly1
Contributor

Re: Which banks pull only 1 hard inquiry for new card and credit limit increase on old card?

A vast majority of the only do a single pull. You can count on a triple pull with Capital one so take them off of your list.

Here is a good recource.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which banks pull only 1 hard inquiry for new card and credit limit increase on old card?

@duckSF wrote:

I'm going card shopping and raising limits so need to start with ones that don't do multiple HP's to raise limit on current card and open a new card(if they even exist) Ones I'm going to try are Chase, Discover, Citi, US Bank, and PNC. All cards have been open for multiple years.

Discover will normally not pull for a CLI request and does a single bureau for a new card. 

Chase and Citi are both known to double pull for a new card at times and CLI requests with both can be an HP (Citi will have language that says they won't pull a credit report if you're eligible and it's always a HP for Chase). 

US Bank pulls both for new card and CLIs. 

I don't know about PNC since I'm not in their market. 

Message 3 of 9
duckSF
Established Member

No my question is how many hard inquiries, not how many credit bureaus. For that there is a better one at creditboards which lets you search by state.

Message 4 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Just to clarify, OP is asking which lenders will use the same pull for both a CLI and a new card application.  Do note that the credit pulls database is outdated and no longer maintained, therefore the information may not be correct.

Message 5 of 9
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Do note that the credit pulls database is outdated and no longer maintained, therefore the information may not be correct.

I believe    does still update that listing at

"The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list"

While the thread was started on 03-18-2019, the inital

posting appears to have been updated regularly. 

The latest shows:

UPDATED 09/14/19

Thank you,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aim_High wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Do note that the credit pulls database is outdated and no longer maintained, therefore the information may not be correct.

I believe    does still update that listing at

"The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list"

While the thread was started on 03-18-2019, the inital

posting appears to have been updated regularly. 

The latest shows:

UPDATED 09/14/19

Thank you,

@Aim_High

An additional point of clarification, @K-in-Boston is not referring to the listing that's updated here on the forums, the OP and K-i-B are referring to the Credit Pulls database that resides within the Credit Boards site (cannot be linked here per myFICO TOS).  Hope this helps. 

Message 7 of 9
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Aim_High

An additional point of clarification, @K-in-Boston is not referring to the listing that's updated here on the forums, the OP and K-i-B are referring to the Credit Pulls database that resides within the Credit Boards site (cannot be linked here per myFICO TOS).  Hope this helps. 

Ah, yes it does.  I misunderstood.  Thanks.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 9
duckSF
Established Member

Well, here's an update to anyone following this. Just applied for Chase Saphire Prefered, got approved(pulled EQ)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.