cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card offers Sam's Club membership ?

tag
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Which card offers Sam's Club membership ?

I remember seeing a post regarding Sam's club membership being a perk on a particular card.  Anyone know if there is one, or is it seasonal only?

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card offers Sam's Club membership ?

I think NFCU has a  deal where you pay for your membership with their card and they credit that amount back to your card.

Not sure if it's on one particular card or any of them.

Message 2 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think NFCU has a  deal where you pay for your membership with their card and they credit that amount back to your card.

Not sure if it's on one particular card or any of them.

The NFCU offer is for Costco - they'll credit $60 back to your credit card for a new Costco membership, and it's not applicable towards renewals though. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

The only offer specific to a Sam's Club membership that I can think of is the Discover Deal; it's a recurring deal almost always available.

Basically, it's a promo code you can print and when you buy a new membership (or renew an existing one) you get a $10 gift card for a regular membership, or I believe a $25 gift card for a 'Plus' membership.

I've used this the last couple of years when I've renewed... works like a charm.  Smiley Happy

I don't recall a card offering or promotion that would pay the entire Sam's Club membership fee, though, at least not in recent history.

Message 4 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

What UncleB said. I forgot about the Discover deal, I used it for renewing my plus membership, got a $25 gift card from Sam's on the spot. 

@UncleB wrote:

The only offer specific to a Sam's Club membership that I can think of is the Discover Deal; it's a recurring deal almost always available.

Basically, it's a promo code you can print and when you buy a new membership (or renew an existing one) you get a $10 gift card for a regular membership, or I believe a $25 gift card for a 'Plus' membership.

I've used this the last couple of years when I've renewed... works like a charm.  Smiley Happy

I don't recall a card offering or promotion that would pay the entire Sam's Club membership fee, though, at least not in recent history.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I think Amex (Cent Bank) had an Offer for a free or heavily discounted membership when Sam's warehouses started taking the Amex network.

Not currently available, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 9
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

There is a heavily discounted membership that can be purchased through "GroupOn", that is not a card thing, and is only for one year. I get emails on it all the time.

Message 7 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Amex had it for me in the summer of 2016.  I joined Sam's club for $45 and Amex refunded the full amount as a statement credit.  It was for new Sam's club memberships only.  

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Ah, I forgot about the Amex Offer from a while ago.  I didn't get to take advantage of that one, though... the timing was off (I had joined Sam's months earlier, and the Amex offer expired before my renewal was up).

I'm not aware of any other cards with current Sam's Club-specific promotions (for membership), but I would love to hear of any that are around.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.