Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card(s)?

tag
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Which card(s)?

I wanna cancel 2 of my card by the EOY and I'm looking for 1 more with no annual fee.  I just got approved for a Office Max.  Not sure which CA they checked.  Are there any cards that check Experian?  I think I'd have better luck because my score is 695 through them.  This will be my last inquiry until the car purchase in June 2011.

Thanks in advance.

Wyman

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which card(s)?

@crazysxycool wrote:

I wanna cancel 2 of my card by the EOY and I'm looking for 1 more with no annual fee.  I just got approved for a Office Max.  Not sure which CA they checked.  Are there any cards that check Experian?  I think I'd have better luck because my score is 695 through them.  This will be my last inquiry until the car purchase in June 2011.

Thanks in advance.

Wyman

Hello there.

May I ask where you got your Experian score? No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

So if you got that score from the Experian website (it's called a Plus score by the way) or another place it is not accurate and won't be used if you apply for new credit. I just wanted you to be aware of that.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Wyman

Hello there.

May I ask where you got your Experian score? No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

So if you got that score from the Experian website (it's called a Plus score by the way) or another place it is not accurate and won't be used if you apply for new credit. I just wanted you to be aware of that.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Hi marine - I got my EX score through my credit union.  The guy said they pulled Experian and I took the opportunity to ask what my score was and he told me. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Wyman

Hello there.

From a BK years ago to:

Just a side note, there is also a credit union in Colorado that pulls actual Experians for members.

Op, I was able to get a Capital One card with 1 credit step (500-750) built in early this year when I was in worse shape. It was my second card to an unsecured Orchard. Im pretty sure they pulled Exp for me though I cant guarentee thats what they always do. No af, decent introductory apr and I got it with 3 closed/paid collections and only 2 months of history with Orchard.

Another one I got in bad shape was the best buy reward zone mastercard, an HSBC card. Lame $300 limit, no af but it is a rewards card. Thing they pulled Exp as well.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@crazysxycool wrote:

Hi marine - I got my EX score through my credit union.  The guy said they pulled Experian and I took the opportunity to ask what my score was and he told me. Smiley Happy

AH!! That is good news for you then.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.