cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

Please advise~~~I have FIA 2% and Cap1 QS 1.5%.

Not sure whether there are cards which give more on medical bills.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

@GTT wrote:

Please advise~~~I have FIA 2% and Cap1 QS 1.5%.

Not sure whether there are cards which give more on medical bills.

nope

Message 2 of 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

If carrying a balance, the rewards are moot.

If not, I don't know of anything above 2%.

CareCredit has deferred interest plans, where if you pay everything in a fixed time, you avoid interest.  If you don't, then the interest is retroactive.

Message 3 of 6
GTT
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

I see there are cards for categories like Pharmacies, Utilities. Strange there is no one for Medi bills.

Message 4 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Some travel cards can give you more than 2% in value, depending on how you use them.

Message 5 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Depending on who does the processing for medical bills, some MAY be coded as a charity (like a non-profit hospital, doctors office, or clinic).

In that case, I believe us banks cash+ give 5% and Huntington bank gives 3% if you choose the charity as your category. Otherwise, go with a straight 2% cash back card. If you're a GM lover there's the GM card through capital one for 5% on first $5000 and 2% after, however the rewards can only be applied toward a new car. Like some other posters mentioned, if you have a favorite travel card that you know you can get more than 2x value per point on, may be a very useful venture!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.