cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card will raise my limit the highest?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card will raise my limit the highest?

When I got my mortgage several years ago, I had one credit card. With a $500 limit. So the people telling you that having a bunch of cards with high limits is not required to get a mortgage are right.
Message 11 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

With those limits you are in prime land, I would look at getting a card from American Express, either credit card or charge card which ever the rewards best match your spend. AMEX may look past your INQ's if your report is other wise good, and your income is good, as it appears to be. 

If you go the credit card route, After  91 days with the card you can request 3x CLI on the card, I wouldn't be surprised after this is approved, you would have a card with a $25k or higher limit, going beyond $25-35k has been known to trigger a request for a  4506-t to go higher YMMV. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Those Cap One cards (QS and Buypower) most likely aren’t going anywhere. The Disco could grow huge if you put good spend on it. The PP could grow well too since it’s Sync

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again for the feedback. I wonder how badly the recent card applications will hurt my chances of securing the mortgage. Should I wait 6 months? 12? 

12 months since your last account was opened is ideal, both from a manual review standpoint and also from a FICO standpoint, as a significant number of points can be gained on FICO scores when your AoYA reaches 12 months.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say that the PP could grow, are you referring to the PayPal Mastercard or PayPay Credit?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

The Disco could grow huge if you put good spend on it.

A good spend isn't always necessary for strong Discover card growth.  In many instances, no spend results in growth that exceeds the growth that comes from a good spend.  My growth in almost 3 years has been about 7X-8X what my spend has been over that same period of time for example.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.