cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards are good for 0% interest rate and balance transfer?

tag
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Which cards are good for 0% interest rate and balance transfer?

Which cards are good for 0% interest rate and balance transfer? I am thinking to apply for some new credit cards recently, but I don't know what I should apply for. My credit score is 773 right now with no baddies. AAOA is 7.5 years. No auto or mortgage ATM,  No any HP within 6 months. Can you guys suggest me which cards I should apply for? Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which cards are good for 0% interest rate and balance transfer?

What is your current utilization across the board?  Is that a FICO score or Vantage?  How many new accounts in the past 6-12 months?  What is the highest CL on any of your current CCs?

Message 2 of 23
GrandBaker
Contributor

Chase Slate. It has $0 in balance transfer fee.

Message 3 of 23
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@GrandBaker wrote:

that card cannot be app'd currently

Message 4 of 23
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Credit unions that are local to you may have deals. For instance: https://www.firsttechfed.com/borrow/credit-cards/choice-rewards

Discover has good deals going too: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/

I am a fan of the DiscoverIt Cashback as a category card. No SUB but it's a 2%/10% category card the first year, with half of that coming as Cashback Match after year 1.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I would recommend Navy federal credit union. You can check if your prequalified. Navy federal platinum card 0% Apr for 12 months No balance transfer fees. Extremely low apr after 12. Best of luck.

Message 6 of 23
DotaK
Regular Contributor

Does Chase IHG credit card offer the 0% balance transfer for 12 months after opening?

Does Chase IHG credit card offer the 0% balance transfer for 12 months after opening?

Message 7 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Chase IHG credit card offer the 0% balance transfer for 12 months after opening?

@DotaK wrote:

No.  The only consumer credit card from Chase that currently offers a 0% APR (with fee) balance transfer (and 0% on new purchases) is Freedom Unlimited.  Freedom Flex is 0% only on new purchases, and the two Disney cards are 0% only on Disney vacation packages.

Message 8 of 23
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@GrandBaker wrote:

that card cannot be app'd currently

I stand corrected. Apparently Chase Slate can be app'd in branch. It just cannot be app'd online from the comfort of your bed.

Message 9 of 23
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I did a large 10k balance transfer last year with BECU. All paid off now. There were no transfer fees and you get 0% APR for 12 statement cycles. They have treated me well! I sing their praises. They were even offering COVID low rate loans to members.

https://www.becu.org/everyday-banking/credit-card

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.