cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards are y’all holiday shopping with?

tag
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cards are y’all holiday shopping with?

Chase : 5%⛽️ 🛒Walmart, PayPal + 3% dining,cvs

Amex: 6% 🛒Publix + 6% streaming

NFCU: 3% 🌅Sunpass

BOA: 3% 👕online

Citi: 2% everything else

Discover 5% Walmart online

USAA: 1.5% 💦🚗car wash

Message 31 of 46
collics
Established Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

Chase : 5%⛽️ 🛒Walmart, PayPal + 3% dining,cvs

Amex: 6% 🛒Publix + 6% streaming

NFCU: 3% 🌅Sunpass

BOA: 3% 👕online

Citi: 2% everything else

Discover 5% Walmart online

USAA: 1.5% 💦🚗car wash

Emojis always make things better Smiley LOL

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 32 of 46
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

One of my main daily drivers right now is my new AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant. It was approved 11/03/21 and I have three months to meet the $5K spend for 150K Bonvoy points.  It's getting a lot of love.  Smiley Happy

I'm not totally neglecting my other cards, especially those with good category rewards such as my Citi Costco Visa for gas.  My Apple Card has been getting some large spend recently in preparation for CLI request.  And I'm always open to special deals on my OFFERS from AMEX, Chase, Wells Fargo, and Capital One, depending on what is on my shopping list. 

You didn't get your SUB done yet? Smiley Wink. I just hit mine the other day, car maintenance. 

I think I will rotate between Apple Card (for a CLI), Amazon store card (5% back), and Amex Platinum for some travel items. Maybe throw some to CSP for "health" haha. 

Message 33 of 46
calyx
Super Contributor

I don't do holiday shopping as a general rule (though if there's a good sale for something I/we want, then maybe).

If I did:
Freedom for 5% on Paypal (or PPkey)

Disco for 10% on amazon

Disco 2% for whatever food I pick up my peeps on Christmas Eve (I'm not wasting the PTO to take a day off - figured the least I could do was buy my crew breakfast... which will either be Krispy Kreme or Bojangles)

did get the dogs advent calendars if that counts Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 34 of 46
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@greatscott85 wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

One of my main daily drivers right now is my new AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant. It was approved 11/03/21 and I have three months to meet the $5K spend for 150K Bonvoy points.  It's getting a lot of love.  Smiley Happy

You didn't get your SUB done yet? Smiley Wink. I just hit mine the other day, car maintenance. 

I think I will rotate between Apple Card (for a CLI) ...

Nah, I'm a slacker @greatscott85.  Lol.  Smiley Tongue  To be fair, you did get yours a little ahead of me.  Smiley Wink  I could have hit it with one charge since I've had some unexpected huge repair and remodel bills on my home that I'm working through.   However, I did exactly what you did and put a lot of this month's bill on my Apple card.  Fingers crossed, but I'm hoping for another $10K increase (like my last one) to take it from $30K to $40K.   If it works out, I'm going to cycle that balance through a couple of other cards briefly on decent BT offers (no fee) and maybe get a three-fer CLI out of the whole deal.  Smiley LOL  I don't know if they'll consider that usage but I think they might. 

Meanwhile, I'm about 20% complete on Marriott with less than one month into my 90 days, so I'm doing okay.   I have an appointment to buy a couple of car tires later this afternoon, so there's that also.  And I haven't begun to shop for Christmas yet, so that will drive up my spend at least somewhat.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 35 of 46
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@greatscott85 wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

I think I will rotate between Apple Card (for a CLI) ...

Nah, I'm a slacker @greatscott85.  Lol.  Smiley Tongue  To be fair, you did get yours a little ahead of me.  Smiley Wink  I could have hit it with one charge since I've had some unexpected huge repair and remodel bills on my home that I'm working through.   However, I did exactly what you did and put a lot of this month's bill on my Apple card.  Fingers crossed, but I'm hoping for another $10K increase (like my last one) to take it from $30K to $40K.   If it works out, I'm going to cycle that balance through a couple of other cards briefly on decent BT offers (no fee) and maybe get a three-fer CLI out of the whole deal.  Smiley LOL  I don't know if they'll consider that usage but I think they might. 

Meanwhile, I'm about 20% complete on Marriott with less than one month into my 90 days, so I'm doing okay.   I have an appointment to buy a couple of car tires later this afternoon, so there's that also.  And I haven't begun to shop for Christmas yet, so that will drive up my spend at least somewhat.  

@Aim_High  I did by a few days Smiley Happy. A three-fer would be great! I'm sure you'll get it Smiley Happy! I just got the DW a new MacBook Pro, got to love the 3% back! I may pick one up for myself, if this one is as good as the specs say. 

I think we have completed most of our shopping, unless something very interesting comes up. The kids are done and most the family done. We live near a Gaylord and they are part of the Marriot family, so we will have some excursions there. They put on a heck of a setup. 

Message 36 of 46
blazerein
Established Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime 5%

If I get hungry - Citi Custom Card 5% on restaurant

Anything else - PenFed Platinum no interest for 12 months

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 37 of 46
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Most uncategorized holiday spend is going on my Fidelity, since i received a spending promo which I've met and am now receiving 3% through the end of December.

Other than that, the majority of my usual spend is going through my rotators:

• Groceries: Affinity FCU 7% (and BCP 6%)
  • Restaurants/Dining: Nusenda CU 5%
  • Gas: Citi Custom 5%
  • Paypal: OG Freedom 5%
  • Amazon: Affinity FCU 10%
  • Cell, Home Phone, Utilities, Internet: Cash+ 5%
  • Clothing (mostly Banana Rep): Gap Inc Visa Sig 5X

Message 38 of 46
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Xmas shopping wise, CSR/Freedom if using shop through Chase.

AR if using US Bank shopping portal, but that's a big if because sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. 

AR and Delta Reserve if in physical stores (hate that part).

Discover for Amazon untill $1500.00. 

A few other cards saw some spend, more or less putting a checkmark on "There, not total SD" 

Message 39 of 46
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

Mostly the Chase Amazon Prime since I'm doing what little "holiday shopping" I ever do on Amazon.  A couple gift cards for family members about covers it for me, and it's all 5% with that card.

If I go into an actual physical brick & mortar store, probably the Freedom Unlimited for the 1.5% CB.

Otherwise, that's about it.  The BoA CCR is mainly my gas and grocery getter, and I just reached my CSP's SUB spend so it's going in the sock drawer until I travel or pull it out for the occasional keep-it-active-dining-out-transaction, or if I need to make a big ticket purchase as it's my highest limit.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.