cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards do Balance Transfer to a bank account?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which cards do Balance Transfer to a bank account?

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yup, looks like I can choose either. There's a Transfer balance or Get cash tab.

BofA offers.png

I get exactly the same thing ..imo

Message 21 of 32
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive. You can add Barclays to the list.

20200309_181208.jpg

Ive never seen that on my ring card.

Message 22 of 32
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I just checked the offer. No transfer fee but 14.49% APR. 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 23 of 32
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Got a better rate here on my ring card. I have used them for a cash adva to make modififications here at home and pay people. Always paid back before statement has cut. Never been an issue. Seen many stories in the ring community on the banks practices. It use to be, years ago, some compared them to amex as far as presteige. That was then and this is now. Most all their cards anymore are average cobranded. Except their lux cards. And those are something else, annual fee vs rewards earned.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

My Barclaycard also offered a transfer at the purchase APR (bad deal).  Discover had no current offers.  Chase had a max of $15K and no direct deposit option.  Citi had no BTs for me.  Capital One Quicksilver had a 3% fee, 3% APR balance transfer, which wasn't great and they weren't sure if the payment could be made to cover a bank loan as opposed to a credit card, so I passed.

I spent some time on the phone with Bank of America, applied for Bank Americard recommended above and got denied (my credit score is over 800 but I was on a payment program with Bank of America over 10 years ago, maybe they're holding a grudge).  Every other new card with banks where I'm not currently a customer have 3% BT fees, which I don't like.

I ended up going with an American Express pre-approved personal loan.  Got $25,000 at a 6.98% fixed APR for 3 years, no loan fees, no penalty for prepayment.  Since I just need a quick loan, this was the best option for me.  It will cost me less than anything else on the market. 

Applying for the AmEx loan was extremely easy.  You log into your credit card account, go to special offers, and they tell you the amount you're pre-approved for.  Fill out your routing and checking account number and you're done.  Hope to get the money this week.

Message 25 of 32
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your loan approval!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 3 BT checks from Barclays in the mail today.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA sends me checks every month and there is no verbiage that says you can't deposit them into a personal account. I got 0% for 6 months with 4% fee and 4.99% for 18 months with 4% fee in the mail today. 

You cannot deposit to an account online. It actually only takes credit cards online, any other credit account you have to call them to set up. 

Message 28 of 32
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

My Barclaycard also offered a transfer at the purchase APR (bad deal).  Discover had no current offers.  Chase had a max of $15K and no direct deposit option.  Citi had no BTs for me.  Capital One Quicksilver had a 3% fee, 3% APR balance transfer, which wasn't great and they weren't sure if the payment could be made to cover a bank loan as opposed to a credit card, so I passed.

I spent some time on the phone with Bank of America, applied for Bank Americard recommended above and got denied (my credit score is over 800 but I was on a payment program with Bank of America over 10 years ago, maybe they're holding a grudge).  Every other new card with banks where I'm not currently a customer have 3% BT fees, which I don't like.

I ended up going with an American Express pre-approved personal loan.  Got $25,000 at a 6.98% fixed APR for 3 years, no loan fees, no penalty for prepayment.  Since I just need a quick loan, this was the best option for me.  It will cost me less than anything else on the market. 

Applying for the AmEx loan was extremely easy.  You log into your credit card account, go to special offers, and they tell you the amount you're pre-approved for.  Fill out your routing and checking account number and you're done.  Hope to get the money this week.

Congrats!

Message 29 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous Please check your Private message.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.