Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards (issuers) to PIF or Carry Balance for a better chance of CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards (issuers) to PIF or Carry Balance for a better chance of CLI

Hey guys! This forum has been such great help to me and in over a week, I was able to do great things to my credit compared to the last 10 years... Thanks!

Anyway, I am just wondering maybe someone can help me out in figuring out which credit cards (or issuers) would be beneficial to PIF or to carry a balance for a better chance of CLI. So far, all I have gathered are for these two:

AMEX (Gold/Everyday) - PIF (3x CLI in 61 days) 

Discover (It) - Carry Balance

What about these cards? ( These are actually the ones I have)

Barclaycard (Apple Rewards)

Bank of America (Cash Rewards/Travel Rewards/BankAmericard

CapitalOne (QS)

Chase (FU)

Citibank (ThankYou Preferred)

Wells Fargo (Rewards)

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cards (issuers) to PIF or Carry Balance for a better chance of CLI

I would not carry a balance to try and get a CLI.  It looks like you can't pay what you owe.  Always "PIF".

Most believe that the higher the spend through a CC the higher the likelihood  you get a CL increase.  Some believe you need to let a higher balance report on the statement once in a while to make them see you need it. Then PIF.  I believe it is almost entirely based on time and good payment history.  It takes time, no top secret Area-51 stuff from this forum will make you get 6x CLI every 2 months.

Message 2 of 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Which cards (issuers) to PIF or Carry Balance for a better chance of CLI

Cap1 hates balances but if you do carry a balance, make LARGE payments

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.