Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards should I keep?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards should I keep?

Well, my family and I will have a bit of a change, going from military to civilian life. I feel that our spending might even increase, due to more time being available to do things. Dining and travel are two of our biggest categories and with the added benefits of the CSR card itself, it seems that it will fit perfectly. Waiting on the 5/24 rule will be the worst part of the whole process.

I have seen plenty of posts on here, showing the differences between the Chase and AMEX rewards systems. It does seem that Chase has a lot more flexibility. That’s why I’d be applying for the CSR, before the Platinum. Obviously, having more than one card on a rewards system will add points up much faster. I see myself leaning towards the Chase Trifecta and just having the Platinum around for lounge access and whatever else isn’t covered by the CSR.

I might give Citi a call and see if I can PC both of my cards into a DC with the combined CL. I wonder how that conversation would go 🤔
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, CSR is a great card, very easy to get 325 credit out of AF and easy to redeem for cash or travel at good rate.

remember to garden afterwards!

Message 12 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, my family and I will have a bit of a change, going from military to civilian life. I feel that our spending might even increase, due to more time being available to do things. Dining and travel are two of our biggest categories and with the added benefits of the CSR card itself, it seems that it will fit perfectly. Waiting on the 5/24 rule will be the worst part of the whole process.

I have seen plenty of posts on here, showing the differences between the Chase and AMEX rewards systems. It does seem that Chase has a lot more flexibility. That’s why I’d be applying for the CSR, before the Platinum. Obviously, having more than one card on a rewards system will add points up much faster. I see myself leaning towards the Chase Trifecta and just having the Platinum around for lounge access and whatever else isn’t covered by the CSR.

I might give Citi a call and see if I can PC both of my cards into a DC with the combined CL. I wonder how that conversation would go 🤔

I would reach out to Citi and convert one card to the Double Cash, then all the other cards, re-allocate all the limits to the Double Cash and close. They may have you wait until you receive the card before proceeding. (May or may not, upto CSR.)

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.