Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards?

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

Which cards?

has highest initial credit limits,  and what scores do you need?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards?

It all depends.  Are you just starting your credit history?  Are you rebuilding?  Do you have any seasoned tradelines?  If so, how many?  Do you have any CO's or a BK on your credit report?  How much income do you have?  A lot more is involved than a mere credit score. 

When I first started to rebuild my credit, I would see people post that they had received several cards or cards with high limits.  Some had scores much lower than mine so I gave it a shot.  I got several denials and the cards I did get had very low limits.  Why?  Because I had limited revolving credit history.  Actually I had limited history period. 

Just because one person with a credit score of 650 gets approved for a desired card with a certain limit doesn't mean you or I or the next person will get approved or get anywhere near that limit.  It depends not only on the score but everything else that is or isn't on that credit report.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards?

i was thinking the same thing the other day. how ppl with lower FICOs than mine get high CLs. thanks for the explanation. so, there are a lot factors involved, not just the FICO score.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.