cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cash rewards card based on my info?

tag
medcinmn
Established Member

Which cash rewards card based on my info?

I have been using a Discover but recently realized it's 0.25% cashback until you've spend $3000, then it increases to 1%.  I have 719 score on EQ and 741 EX w/ 20% utilization, decreasing every month.

I've thought of the Costco AMEX as I buy my gas there and they give 3%.  Chase Sapphire looks good too, but $95/yr.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cash rewards card based on my info?

i would suggest the one with no af, that way you will not feel compelled to spent money to cover the af. should have added i stick with barclay for utility, gas, and groceries. it depends more on your personal profile though

Message 2 of 10
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@medcinmn wrote:

I have been using a Discover but recently realized it's 0.25% cashback until you've spend $3000, then it increases to 1%.  I have 719 score on EQ and 741 EX w/ 20% utilization, decreasing every month.

I've thought of the Costco AMEX as I buy my gas there and they give 3%.  Chase Sapphire looks good too, but $95/yr.

Thoughts?

What's your annual spend on things like groceries/online shopping/etc? What about your credit profile? We need a little more info to help you

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 10
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Based on what you've told me so far, I'd recommend BCP if you can justify the AF

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@medcinmn wrote:

Thoughts?

Do you have Discover More? you can PC to the new Discover it just by calling and that would get you the standard 1% and the rotating Categories.

The Costco Amex is great for dining and gas

Message 5 of 10
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum. I have the Costco AMEX TE card and get 3% on gas from places other than Costco. Just have to make sure their merchant code is gas. In not sure how to check the merchant code though.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 6 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@medcinmn wrote:

Thoughts?

What's your annual spend on things like groceries/online shopping/etc? What about your credit profile? We need a little more info to help you

Off-topic Public Service Announcement.  Despite the somewhat similar names, longtime_lurker and longtimelurker are different people.  Just in case.....

Message 7 of 10
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to mention you need to keep your Costco membership active if you get that card.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 8 of 10
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@medcinmn wrote:

Thoughts?

Off-topic Public Service Announcement.  Despite the somewhat similar names, longtime_lurker and longtimelurker are different people.  Just in case.....

Hahaha Hi, nice to meet you.

Message 9 of 10
medcinmn
Established Member

Thanks for the replies.  As far as profile, only negatives I have are a 30 day late 2+ years ago (Sears, 0 balance now) and a 4+ year old collection (paid) from a medical bill.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.